Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW CJ ACCOUNT!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEW CJ ACCOUNT!!

I was just got a new Crown Jewelers account...and I was wondering of anyone has had an increase in scores because of it...or do you thing I will see some sort of increase...it's my largest CL...$1500...and these were my scores before the account was added...only added to EX as of today...still waiting...I'm glad they reported it as opened 4/2/08...it seems like I have had it already for a month...I haven't even got the jewelry yet...

TU:643/EX:601/EQ:586

3 revolving accounts:
BofA- $140 balance- $500 CL
Continental- $145 balance- $375 CL

That's it..a car loan...never late..2 medical bills...1 paid...1 unpaid $500...1 collection account from HSBC/BSTBY $931...from 2006...

If you had an increase...what was the ballpark increase...I know everyone's situation is different...but I was just wondering...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
shawnette
Regular Contributor

Re: NEW CJ ACCOUNT!!

10 points on TU. 4 points on EX.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something is better than nothing...I'm worried because the FICO simulator estimated a range from a decrease of 10 points to an increase of 10 points...my fingers are crossed...
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just one word of friendly warning Smiley Happy Be careful when you make a down payment or go to pay your bill. Don't use your personal credit cards or debit cards. Use Pay Pal or send them a check, money order or use your banks bill pay system. Their website has security issues and the encryption is questionable right now. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=76015
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks...I do use Paypal though...also I got the results from EX...+17 points for new CJ account...just have to wait on TU to update...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just got an account too. when did you get approval email??  im going to buy my report tomorrow to see if they reported.  curious to know.    i think i did mine a little over a week ago
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a email the next day...because I applied on the weekend...but some people get emails the same day...it would be useless to buy anything...you have to buy something before the account is active...and they don't report until they ship out...I started mine on the 24th...it just reported to EX...on the 3rd...I'm still waiting on TU...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.