Did you mean: 

NEW: Discover it Miles Credit Card

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Re: NEW: Discover it Miles Credit Card

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would I pay for travel from Bank account when I can do it from a good Travel card and use rewards from Discover direct deposited into my bank to pay for that bill? Smiley Tongue

Uhh, what? The specific point being addressed is whether the cashback from the It and the Miles can be merged. They can.

Which I'll admit is much more enticing and gives the card greater value. 

Still, I must admit my bias. I'm more partial to rewards points (UR, MR, etc) over redemption-based travel cards. I enjoy the thrill of finding good deals with points. It's a hobby/obession of mine. Smiley Tongue

Message 251 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would I pay for travel from Bank account when I can do it from a good Travel card and use rewards from Discover direct deposited into my bank to pay for that bill? Smiley Tongue

Uhh, what? The specific point being addressed is whether the cashback from the It and the Miles can be merged. They can.

You said pay for travel from bank account in other post.

@yfan wrote:
But you are still doing that with cashback. You take your cashback. Move it to a bank account. Then pay for your travel from that bank account.

And give up consumer protection and double dip rewards? No way. Smiley Tongue

Message 252 of 488
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh good god. I'm not saying pay for the travel from your checking account directly. I mean pay it with the Discover Miles card, and they pay the card with your bank account. Clearer?

Message 253 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh good god. I'm not saying pay for the travel from your checking account directly. I mean pay it with the Discover Miles card, and they pay the card with your bank account. Clearer?

Much. Smiley Happy

Message 254 of 488
yfan
Valued Contributor

@mikelo22 wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Which I'll admit is much more enticing and gives the card greater value. 

Still, I must admit my bias. I'm more partial to rewards points (UR, MR, etc) over redemption-based travel cards. I enjoy the thrill of finding good deals with points. It's a hobby/obession of mine. Smiley Tongue

Ya don't say! Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink

Message 255 of 488
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
You'd need to put at least $30k spend on this thing to beat Arrival+ for the first year.

Yup. Or Venture, really.

They trick you with this whol 1.5 and double thing, when when it comes down to brass tacks, this card doesn't offer much.

Message 256 of 488
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

I want to apply, but I just know they wont approve me. 700's across the board, 20-40 inqs on each CB and many new accounts. 

But perfect payment history and no derogs and been with discover since 2012. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 257 of 488
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Strogen wrote:

I want to apply, but I just know they wont approve me. 700's across the board, 20-40 inqs on each CB and many new accounts. 

Lay low. This card isn't going anywhere. Apply when some of the inquiries fall off.

Message 258 of 488
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@Strogen wrote:

It seems like they're being extremely strict with approvals right now. I would wait until they relax a bit.

Message 259 of 488
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It may be a bonus but imho its a very weak one.  By the time you spend enough to equal the bonus on a CSP for example, you could get 3 more cards with similar spend requirements and get a LOT more out of them

It's a weak one for someone like you who ostensibly travels constantly, has a large income, and large spending patterns.

It's not so weak for someone who would not normally spend enough to achieve the CSP bonus. I'll take what I can get.

I don't consider myself a high spender or someone who travels constantly. I just consider myself someone who wants to rack up the MOST amount of points/rewards for my spending. And Discover ain't it.

I mean, $3K in 90 days is all it takes for the big three travel cards bonuses to hit, I believe.  You telling me you don't spend $1000/month on ALL OF YOUR EXPENSES combined? Really?

I hit bonuses on 4 cards just during the last quarter of 2014.

Message 260 of 488
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.