Did you mean: 

NEW: Discover it Miles Credit Card

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: NEW: Discover it Miles Credit Card

@14Fiesta wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

The rewards aren't limited -- you can redeem as cash for full value. It is essentially the Quicksilver with miles instead of cash, but it's 1.5% no matter what.

The only real benefit above Quicksilver is the first year doubled miles thing. After that, it's the same thing.

If you don't have a Discover card already, then it one ups the QS with free FICO scores and access to Discover Deals.

I do have the regular IT, but you have a point there!

Discover credits rewards at statement cut. So that could be a slight disadvantage below the Quicksilver.

Message 21 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...

Denied for new accounts. Smiley Sad

JK, I think I may wait until signup bonus or better offer pops up.

Message 22 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

@14Fiesta wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

The rewards aren't limited -- you can redeem as cash for full value. It is essentially the Quicksilver with miles instead of cash, but it's 1.5% no matter what.

The only real benefit above Quicksilver is the first year doubled miles thing. After that, it's the same thing.

If you don't have a Discover card already, then it one ups the QS with free FICO scores and access to Discover Deals.

And if you do have a Discover card but arent interested in doing business with Capital One, like moi, this is a nice alternative Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 488
kdm31091
Super Contributor

This does have a signup bonus -- they double your miles after the first year. How is that not a bonus?

It's not the traditional "spend x get y amount of miles", but it's nice if you are willing to make this a main card for a year. Then you get however much of a signup bonus you want. I suppose it wouldn't work if you already have many cards you are spending on though.

Message 24 of 488
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

And for the first year it is a 3% card.  But less acceptance abroad overall.

Message 25 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...

Denied for new accounts. Smiley Sad

JK, I think I may wait until signup bonus or better offer pops up.

Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 488
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Going away from the cards rewards etc. for a minute, can I just say WOW, it's a really pretty blue card? I wonder if it will be metal core like the CSP..... Smiley Tongue

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 27 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

This does have a signup bonus -- they double your miles after the first year. How is that not a bonus?

It's not the traditional "spend x get y amount of miles", but it's nice if you are willing to make this a main card for a year. Then you get however much of a signup bonus you want. I suppose it wouldn't work if you already have many cards you are spending on though.

1. DOUBLE First Year Miles: After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will double all the Miles you've earned and apply them to your account in the next billing cycle. You will not receive Double Miles if your account is closed or is no longer in the Miles reward program as of the award date. This promotional offer may end. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. See Rewards Terms and Conditions for additional details on earning and redeeming Miles.

Message 28 of 488
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I was gonna say that too. It's a really attractive looking card. Honestly, if I wasn't gardening I would probably bite on this, it's pretty good for someone like me. Hope it will still be around next year lol .

Message 29 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I was gonna say that too. It's a really attractive looking card. Honestly, if I wasn't gardening I would probably bite on this, it's pretty good for someone like me. Hope it will still be around next year lol .

Just imagine. 3X on everything.

Message 30 of 488
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.