Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW! Discover it NHL Card

tag
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

NEW! Discover it NHL Card

It is literally the it card, with its 5% cats and 1% everywhere, with an added niche bonus of team pride designs and 10% off all NHL.com purchases.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/affinity/nhl.html?ICMPGN=HDR_ALLPS_CC_NHL_IT

I don't follow hockey, but if you are a dedicated fan this new niche product is for you! Smiley Happy

EDIT: Also of note the card appears to be fully EMV standard. 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEW! Discover it NHL Card

@14Fiesta wrote:

It is literally the it card, with its 5% cats and 1% everywhere, with an added niche bonus of team pride designs and 10% off all NHL.com purchases.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/affinity/nhl.html?ICMPGN=HDR_ALLPS_CC_NHL_IT

I don't follow hockey, but if you are a dedicated fan this new niche product is for you! Smiley Happy

Yeah, we were looking at it the other day.  In Discover Deals, the 10% off NHL.com deal is there so if you've already got an It card, you're already there.  Just request an EMV card if you haven't already and all of the team designs are available for It cardholders too - 31 new NHL designs on top of the 13 standard.

I dunno why they're marketing it like it's a different product, but hey, if people like it then more power to them.  

Message 2 of 14
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I noticed the new designs arent available for existing customers but  new design  only applying?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:

I noticed the new designs arent available for existing customers but  new design  only applying?

They are available if you have a chip card, but they don't show up until you request one.

Message 4 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I ordered the Minnesota Wild card on my current Discover IT account. Recieved it yesturday nice looking card.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 14
Mellon
Established Contributor

Just ordered my Carolina Hurricanes card via the online chat. 

the Canes sucked this season but there is always next season....LOL!!

Message 6 of 14
afinch1992
Regular Contributor

Ordering my Stars card! Now I have to choose between the American Flag and Stars when I take it out of the sock drawer

AMEX BCE 18000CL, Citi DC 15000CL, AMEX EDP 15000CL, CSP 5000CL, Fidelity AMEX 5000CL, Sallie Mae MC 7400CL, US Bank Cash+ 5000CL, Chase Freedom 4000CL, Capital One QS 6000CL, BoA Better Balance 2500CL, Discover It 2000CL, BoA Better Cash Rewards 500CL, Chase Amazon CC 700CL

TU: 756 EX: 755 EQ: 753
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are they trying to market it as a different card?
Message 8 of 14
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why are they trying to market it as a different card?

Got to grab those NHL fans.

@14Fiesta wrote:

Thanks, ordered my NJ Devils card. As for the 10% bonus, it applies to all Discover cards. It isn't a new added bonus just for the NHL cards. I think they're doing this to promote their partnership with the NHL. They've always had that 10% off coupon code.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even like Hockey but some of the designs are cool! I ordered one for my hubby to use.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.