Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW NAVY FEDERAL MEMBER!!

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: NEW NAVY FEDERAL MEMBER!!

no need to join usaa. you are now a member of the best bank.
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 11 of 34
dodgeball
Established Contributor

I also dont see a reason to get a USAA account at this point I have one and dont use it.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 12 of 34
Datx
Valued Contributor

You know what they say....dont put all your eggs in one basket. Plus USAA can also be great with loan products if you're a full member.

Message 13 of 34
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Welcome! NFCU is definitely the best not only in terms of products but their customer service cannot be beat. Been with them approximately a yr and the customer service has never swayed from excellent. HIGHLY recommend. I'm not just saying that cause I'm the fan club president ;-)

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 34
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My membership was a HP... I did HP for membership; Hp for car refi; Hp for cashrewards... all in march 2012
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 34
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I have 5 HPs from them in one year:

Membership; creditcard; auto refi all in march
Navcheck in september
New auto loan in october
FICO 9:

Message 16 of 34
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Ahhhh I see you finally pulled the trigger.  Welcome and Congratulations!  So when are you going to get your CC?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 17 of 34
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Thank you felllow members.nice to be apart of the fellowship. I must say after dealing with the rep from NFCU it's hard to imagine any lender being more consumer friendly.Was impressive! The rep at NFCU was trying to encourage me to go after several of their financial tools.  I'm looking at USAA for credit card purposes only.Would be good to have an additional option. And there are several USAA locations in my city. But lets be honest, no one is better than NFCU!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 18 of 34
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Ahhhh I see you finally pulled the trigger.  Welcome and Congratulations!  So when are you going to get your CC?

Very soon.Its funny that I allready have family members asking me to get them in. I don't have that kind of juice I'm just a newbie. Btw, my brother inlaw will receive money from NFCU because of my new membership.Sweet.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 19 of 34
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You can get family members in immediately as long as they are siblings, parents, or your children

FICO 9:

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.