Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Sony Financing Card backed by GE?

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

NEW Sony Financing Card backed by GE?

Has this card always existed? Curious because I received an e-mail from best buy about Sony's new TV which by the way looks AMAZING looking at all the features it has. Anyway so I then went to SONY.com and clicked their rewards program which is free and requires no HP or credit check of any kind since its like having a Albertsons Savings card, But then I noticed the Sony Financing card, and its backed by GE. Anyone have this card? Or was it just launched by GE that I never noticed it? Just thought I'd bring it up, lately Ive been obsessed in checking up on their new gadgets and items.

https://store.sony.com/c/Special-Financing-Offers/en/c/sony_ge_financing

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Sony Financing Card backed by GE?

Just read that is says"The new card from GE Capital" Thats awesome!!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 2 of 38
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: NEW Sony Financing Card backed by GE?

Wow I also just noticed that its APR is 29.99% "GINKIES!! said Velma" Its all good if you pay it full when purchasing something like the XBR 4K Ultra HD TV SeriesSmiley Tongue

By the way this is the new TV im talking about :https://store.sony.com/c/S_4KTV/en/c/S_4KTV

Message 3 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I have the SonyCard backed by GE. I opened it last month when I fell for the 0% for 36 mo offer. They pulled Exp and I def plan to pay it off away before the 36 mo cause the reg APR is 29%! 😳😁

Btw I did not want the Cap 1 Visa cause I thought I'd continue to use it since it was a Visa
Message 4 of 38
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Yeah, it looks like a new product. They have another product, the Sony Card Visa, which has been around for a long time. Its backed my Capital One, however.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 5 of 38
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

LMAO we posted it at the same time!!!^^^^^

Message 6 of 38
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Wow I also just noticed that its APR is 29.99% "GINKIES!! said Velma" Its all good if you pay it full when purchasing something like the XBR 4K Ultra HD TV SeriesSmiley Tongue

By the way this is the new TV im talking about :https://store.sony.com/c/S_4KTV/en/c/S_4KTV

Holy crap! A TV with a starting price of $25,000?! I didn't even know such TVs existed! New car territory!

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 7 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The 4 K is nice but not that nice! I was like, you gotta be kidding!?!
Message 8 of 38
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I would go for the $4,999. And even that is still pricey for a TV that can collapse and break with the unexpected HUGE earthquake to hit us in California anytime soon. NAH ill pass for now. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 38
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
The 4 K is nice but not that nice! I was like, you gotta be kidding!?!

I'd max out most of my credit cards just to purchase that! Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.