cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Sony Financing Card backed by GE?

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: NEW Sony Financing Card backed by GE?

The TV does catch your attention to the max. At least for me it did that its distracting me from finishing my HW. Maybe I would buy hmmmmmm "MOM, DAD!!!!! WE HAVE TO GET THIS!" 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 38
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

Not if you have the "Purchase Protection" from Discover and AMEX for being a cardmember Smiley Wink

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 12 of 38
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jakemod1 wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Wow I also just noticed that its APR is 29.99% "GINKIES!! said Velma" Its all good if you pay it full when purchasing something like the XBR 4K Ultra HD TV SeriesSmiley Tongue

By the way this is the new TV im talking about :https://store.sony.com/c/S_4KTV/en/c/S_4KTV

Holy crap! A TV with a starting price of $25,000?! I didn't even know such TVs existed! New car territory!

Do you think people that can afford $25k TV's even bother applying for this card and if they do is a recon required?! $25k for 1 TV seems like a hefty new financing card especially if someone wants to put TV's in a new home?!

I mean I guess, I had a friend many many years ago that worked at higher end chain furniture store and their store card actually was backed by GE and he said they would have couples do 2 APPS as single to be able to get enough CL if they were looking to fill a house with say $30k worth of furniture because they had better chance then 1 $30k line.... that would irritate me I think as a buyer especially with 2 $15k payments on furniture... but if that's what you want to buy and that's what you need.... ummm still trying to think of the store.... not Haverty's but.... ugh I think of it after I go to bed!

Message 13 of 38
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@jakemod1: thats true!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 14 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jakemod1

Which is why that TV is NOT mounted to my stand! 😂
Message 15 of 38
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Lexie: what CL were you provided with?

Message 16 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

don't think it's worth buying this at the moment, only because there's very little content in 4K right now.

Japan might start broadcasting World Cup 2014 in 4K, but none of the US broadcasters + streaming services (i.e. netflix) have any definite plans for 4K yet.

Nice TV nevertheless though, but prices should drop pretty fast sometime next year. OLED TVs are also worth checking out if you're into TVs.

But of course if you got extra money sitting around with nothing to spend on, this is a nice purchase nevertheless.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 18 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

I got a reg HD Smart TV- 55". That 4K sticker price made my heart hurt.
Message 19 of 38
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

$4k thats an awesome initial CL to start with. 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.