cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

tag
JMills
Frequent Contributor

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

@Reignhn9 In any occasions that will be the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thank you for letting everyone know what happend to you, so they can be aware Comenity however has great reviews on the fact they help people build their credit from the bottom. However situation can not be avoided I hope it all works out for you in the end Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 161 of 701
redskins4444

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

Agreed
Message 162 of 701
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

I have all but stopped using the cards Comenity now owns,all of these accounts have been paid in full for some time, and I had been actively using them. I hadn't heard anything about them helping people rebuild credit, they showed me no assistance but all I was working against was a late payment (with a different company) due to turn positive in 12 months, low credit limits, (store accounts mostly theirs) and a 702 CS when they took ownership. They also closed one company and demanded payment on a zero balance.  How did I get so lucky with these people?  I had had most of these accounts more than 5 years with an excellent payment record.

Message 163 of 701
One7
Valued Contributor

Just tried the sportsman guide shopping cart trick and it worked. Got pre approved for their Visa Rewards card and accepted it. It didn't tell me my CL though...

Edit: Approved for $8,000!! My biggest CL yet!

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 164 of 701
mt2va
Established Contributor

I've never had any luck with the shopping cart trick.  So reading through the whole thread I took someone's advice & just tried to apply for the True Value Discover card directly on their site & instant approval for $500!  I'm in shock.  I think they pull EQ & not sure my scores there but it was only 585 on TU when I pulled this morning.  (I made a boo boo & didn't wait long enough on my utilization to post correctly so it's at 70%)  

So I'm 2 for 3 today.  I got approved Care Credit & True Value (neither of which I planned to app) & denied for Barclays.  I'm going to try to recon them but I think with my 70% utilization (my mistake) when they should be showing either 0 or at most 3% utilization I think I'm out of luck but I do have 2 savings accounts with them with decent balance so maybe that will help me out.

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 165 of 701
mandaiaybay

Does anybody know if you have a security freeze on your files will the pre approval pop up, or do you have to lift the freezes first ? thanks

Message 166 of 701
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

@Reighn9 wrote:

I've never tried this method of getting a card online. I've been approved instantly in stores at check out though. I've had nothing but trouble from Comenity Bank since they took over these accounts. I had all of my store cards issued by different banks that are now issued/owned by Comenity prior to Comenity taking over.  Comenity won't correct any errors, theirs or especially ones made by a previous bank owner. They changed the account open date on a couple of my cards, and also issued new account numbers.  They created multiple entries for the same account on my credit report but when I tried to get everything put back like it was originally they just deleted all the oldest account entries. Now I hear they just acquired Bill Me Later.  That must be why I just had a slight problem with them a couple of days ago.  My statement showed up with a message "you have a credit limit increase. Click link to see new limit"  It turned out to be the same limit I'd had for over 2 years. I wrote customer service and all I got was "sorry for the inconvenience but your account does not have an increase"  No other explanation.

Reighn9

I have multiple Comenity store cards, and I have add no problems with them. All issued by WFNB. I hit the love button every 90 days and receive an increase (small but an increase nevertheless), and the customer service is usually very helpful. Then again, I do not have any errors for them to correct or share the expereinces you have had. I would contact corporate to see if you can get the assistance you need.

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 167 of 701
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@mandaiaybay wrote:

Does anybody know if you have a security freeze on your files will the pre approval pop up, or do you have to lift the freezes first ? thanks

I can't answer your question, since I don't mind others being able to look at my files.

I've met only a few prescreened offers I didn't like. Smiley Happy

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 168 of 701
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

@soccrstar wrote:

I finally got the coldwater creek mastercard to pop up. filled it out and got the 7-10 day notice. grrrrrrrrrrrr. mostlikely a denial. I called express and my limit is 500. can't get the visa/mastercard for anything else.

I didn't start getting the popups until I unfroze my equifax report for a week. those thats not getting it, try unfreezing your credit report if it is frozen.

I thought because Cold Water Creek was going out of business and have filed for Chapter 13 that they were no longer issuing credit cards.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 169 of 701
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

With the sportsman guide trick, do you first sign up with them and give them your email address? then go back to website and put the membership and item in basket. No where alog the line does it allow me to enter the last 4 of my SS#.

Message 170 of 701
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.