cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

tag
DomoNomo
Contributor

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

@Jaxavier wrote:

I tried the shopping cart trick on Express.  Got the pop up while I was adding my address (or may had just completely filled it in and it popped), asked for DOB, last four of SS, and was approved (but had to call to get CL)...my question though, is, is THIS method (how I described) a soft pull?  When I called CS to get the CL, I asked the rep and she said she didn't know but she thought it was a hard pull.

It's a soft pull, if you got the pop up when entering your personal information.

Message 51 of 701
Jaxavier
New Contributor

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

Thank you DomoNomo....was worried wasted a hard on something I just wanted for fun. Anyone mind sharing average starting CL's for Express?

Message 52 of 701
DomoNomo
Contributor

It's not going to be high for many.  I started out at $500 and now sitting pretty at $750.

Message 53 of 701
Jaxavier
New Contributor

Yeah, me too.  Thanks again!

Message 54 of 701
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Jaxavier wrote:

Thank you DomoNomo....was worried wasted a hard on something I just wanted for fun. Anyone mind sharing average starting CL's for Express?

I started at $350 then got a bump to $650 at the 10th month.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 55 of 701
Jaxavier
New Contributor

Do they have a favorite CRA they pull, or does it depend on your location?  My EQ CMS hasn't reported anything yet, CK neither.

Message 56 of 701
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Jaxavier wrote:

Do they have a favorite CRA they pull, or does it depend on your location?  My EQ CMS hasn't reported anything yet, CK neither.

Most soft EQ, while a couple soft EX. Since they are softs, you won't get alerts for them. You'll only see them if you backdoor into your report online.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 57 of 701
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Went to try out the shopping cart trick.

Sportsman Visa-No dice.

Onestopplus: got the preapproval but not interested in the card. $ 250 is way lower than all my other cards with them.

Gonna try elsewhere.

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 58 of 701
anaheimskip

So with the Shopping Card trick, what else do I need to do? I am opted in, but I believe I also  have fraud alerts on my credit reports. That has not  hindered PRMs in the past.  I finally got my first account through Comenity, so hopefully that will lead to me eventually seeing some pre-approval deals. Any other suggestions?

Message 59 of 701
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

have recieved the pop up on several of their sites but not for the one i actaully want...shaking fist sportmans guide

makes me wonder if the criteria for this one is much diff from the others

Message 60 of 701
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.