Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW to the forum!

tag
Superpet39
Regular Contributor

Re: NEW to the forum!

Welcome! 

Little advice...... Read and ask questions BEFORE you app...... Might save you some grief down the road.... I've been here for a short time, and have learned  ALOT

Message 11 of 15
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous_Handbananas wrote:

I wanted to say hello to all from down here in Texas. I look forward to reading everyone's posts as applying for credit cards is my new obsession!

Hey there! Welcome. This place is very knowledgable and you'll find you learn tons of things each and every day! What part of Texas? I may be moving out to San Antonio (from Florida) because the fiancé has a job offer out there. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 12 of 15
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous_Handbananas wrote:

I wanted to say hello to all from down here in Texas. I look forward to reading everyone's posts as applying for credit cards is my new obsession!

WELCOME!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I paid off all of our credit cards August of last year and we watched those scores soar. After having some down time from work I've found myself seeing which mid-top tier cards I'm able to be accepted to and haven't hit too many denials. As a matter of fact I continue to get approvals, whether it's from a Visa, MC or even just a department store card.

The way I see it the more space you put between what you have charged and your available credit, the better you'll look all around. I figure (and I'm sure it's nothing new to most of you) it's smart to get your 'foot in the door' with a lender/bank with an approval...wait 6 or so months and request that line increase and build that trust with the lender. It's become a fascination.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hell I was approved for 7 new cards just over this past weekend. I'm aware that the hard inquiries will hinder the score a litle (around 2 points per) but the more approvals I get, the tougher it is to not continue. Anyone else have this problem?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.