cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEWSFLASH: Capital One Secured MC graduation possible!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEWSFLASH: Capital One Secured MC graduation possible!

Thanks for the good news!!! My card jus hit 6 months today, this gives me hope.

I wonder what the requirements are to be upgraded, and is Cap One finally changing their rules for unsecured cards.

Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im assuming the requirements are just that you have made all your payments on time and arent carrying a high balance. But Again thats an assumption. Im going to call and ask. Ill let you know what they say.

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that and I probably need to have it for at least a year.

I wanna know if this is a legit thing now or just a rare case. This person got lucky. Smiley Happy

Let me know what they say.
Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow this is very interesting. I was getting ready to close mine. I opened it in October 2015. Should I call them? Or just keep it open for a few more months hoping I get graduated automatically?

Message 14 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have had the card over a year now so you should be a shoe in to PC to a platinum or a quicksilver. Im calling them right now to get some more info on this. I was supposed to do it ages ago but I forgot. smh

Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so heres what I got from the folks at cap one. Basically this is a new program they are offering. But only on an account by account basis. So you wont be able to do it until they actually send you the offer. They havent sent it to me so I wasnt able to. But she said to just hold on and wait and to just make sure my acct is in good standing. Hope they send me the offer soon! I am so ready to get rid of this card. The limit is so low I cant really do anything with it.

Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so heres what I got from the folks at cap one. Basically this is a new program they are offering. But only on an account by account basis. So you wont be able to do it until they actually send you the offer. They havent sent it to me so I wasnt able to. But she said to just hold on and wait and to just make sure my acct is in good standing. Hope they send me the offer soon! I am so ready to get rid of this card. The limit is so low I cant really do anything with it.

Thanks! I guess I'll hold on and hope they do it for my account.

Message 17 of 43
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Great news My fiancé has this card , he got an increase of 300 dollars after 6 statements and the card is now 10 mths old , almost always pay in full and use it alot , it's nice to know they are changing their ways with the secured card products !
Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I requested a CLI on my card, which I knew would be denied since they don't give out customer-requested CLis on the secured card, but wanted to see if maybe it'll get my account noticed enough to get my deposit back and graduate the card. We'll see. Have had the card for 14 months, but haven't used it since August.

Message 19 of 43
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Let me know how it plays out LAKings , I was going to cancel ours at the year mark next mth bc it doesn't serve us any purpose anymore
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.