Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 0% BT offer and no BT fee - update for interesting info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU 0% BT offer and no BT fee - update for interesting info

did anyone else get this email offer? it appears that it's with your existing accounts. you can transfer a balance for 0% for 12 months with 0% BT fee. pretty cool little deal since i have about $2k of balances on 2 0% cards i can just put them on one card to report balances on less cards. seems kinda neat. expires 04/30/16

03/18 update:

this also applies to all personal loans with other institutions. so if you owe a little on a personal loan at 5%+ APR it will be worth it. 

doesnt apply to mortgages. forgot to ask if it applies to auto loans or not. if anyone is interest let me know. i will ask 

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU 0% BT offer and no BT fee

hmm no email for me =(
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
did anyone else get this email offer? it appears that it's with your existing accounts. you can transfer a balance for 0% for 12 months with 0% BT fee. pretty cool little deal since i have about $2k of balances on 2 0% cards i can just put them on one card to report balances on less cards. seems kinda neat. expires 04/30/16

My g/f just got same offer.  Fantastic BT deal

Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ yes. i was thinking the same!
Message 4 of 38
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I got this today in my email, and was about to post about it when I saw your post Smiley Happy This is rather bittersweet in a way, since I just apped for & got a Slate, but with a much much lower CL than my cashRewards card. The 12 months is plenty of time to pay off the BT amount, so pretty much going to go with NFCU.

So they keep any BT amounts seperate for APR purposes, correct?

Message 5 of 38
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Received my email & definitely considering taking advantage of it....a very sweet deal !

SisterGirl
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if they offer this to customers who have an existing BT?
Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have never used a BT with them before. oh wait nvm. i did it in june of 2014. but i doubt that's what triggered it.
Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. But I got an email today telling me I was pre approved for a personal loan. 36mo @ 10.49%. Would rather the BT. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

i hate NFCU's APRs. they're so trash unfortunately.
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.