cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 0% Balance Transfer Deal Coming Soon...

tag
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU 0% Balance Transfer Deal Coming Soon...

This is perfect timing for me . I had a BT on my NFCU card that was ending this month . So i transferred it a couple weeks ago to my  PSECU card for the 2.9% .. Now i can just transfer it back ! Smiley Very Happy    Thanks for the heads up on this !

Message 21 of 25
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweet!! Glad the deal is going on; No on the fruitcake, yes on the creditline, chester. Smiley Very Happy

Sorry,  I used it up!  Transferred just about $5K worth of debt today.  This made my weekend, too!  What a great start to 2012!

Now, how am I going to get rid of this fruitcake?...?....?  Smiley Sad  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweet!! Glad the deal is going on; No on the fruitcake, yes on the creditline, chester. Smiley Very Happy

Sorry,  I used it up!  Transferred just about $5K worth of debt today.  This made my weekend, too!  What a great start to 2012!

Now, how am I going to get rid of this fruitcake?...?....?  Smiley Sad  Smiley Wink

Chester, since you used up your CL, just put the cake in the microwave on half power for 10 minutes, re-glaze it heavy and serve with vanilla ice cream lol

As for the offer. I watched the site since I noticed thelittlet's original post about it.  Been wanting to join as a co-app and member for some time and that did it LOL.  Mom wanted the 0% and free checking and checks etc.  Never really doubted the original post Smiley Wink  We both liked the people on the phone too, very nice and easy to hear and went over all we wanted to know very thoroughly. We'll know about the card (if she's approved of course) probably by monday. 

thelittlet;  Thanks very much for the heads up!Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 23 of 25
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

For those interested in transferin non-credit card debt to their card, the NFCU rep I spoke with said that account number can't have letters in it.

Message 24 of 25
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

so, thelittlet, what did you do? (if you don't mind saying.)  What did everyone else do?  Detail the day's take here.

I transferred a balance of just under $3,000 from Merrick-H (that's how I refer to the "Hooters" card.) 

I transferred a balance of about $1,800 from USAA so I can pay off the AMEX I've been carrying a balance on for a long time.

Yay!  Whoopee!  Yahoo!  Hooray!  What did everyone else (who took advantage of this) do?  Any notable transfers ridding yourself of a balance that's been bothering you for a long time?  I hate paying interest.  I've been paying far too much for far too long.  This year I have whittled it down quite a bit.  Now I've whittled it down to close to nothing, thanks to this offer.