Frequent Contributor
Woolfman

Re: NFCU 0% Balance Transfer Deal Coming Soon...

This is perfect timing for me . I had a BT on my NFCU card that was ending this month . So i transferred it a couple weeks ago to my  PSECU card for the 2.9% .. Now i can just transfer it back ! :smileyvery-happy:    Thanks for the heads up on this !

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800

Established Contributor
ChesterPDexter

thelittlet wrote:

Sweet!! Glad the deal is going on; No on the fruitcake, yes on the creditline, chester. :smileyvery-happy:

Sorry,  I used it up!  Transferred just about $5K worth of debt today.  This made my weekend, too!  What a great start to 2012!

Now, how am I going to get rid of this fruitcake?...?....?  :smileysad:  :smileywink:

ChesterPDexter wrote:

thelittlet wrote:

Sweet!! Glad the deal is going on; No on the fruitcake, yes on the creditline, chester. :smileyvery-happy:

Sorry,  I used it up!  Transferred just about $5K worth of debt today.  This made my weekend, too!  What a great start to 2012!

Now, how am I going to get rid of this fruitcake?...?....?  :smileysad:  :smileywink:

Chester, since you used up your CL, just put the cake in the microwave on half power for 10 minutes, re-glaze it heavy and serve with vanilla ice cream lol

As for the offer. I watched the site since I noticed thelittlet's original post about it.  Been wanting to join as a co-app and member for some time and that did it LOL.  Mom wanted the 0% and free checking and checks etc.  Never really doubted the original post :smileywink:  We both liked the people on the phone too, very nice and easy to hear and went over all we wanted to know very thoroughly. We'll know about the card (if she's approved of course) probably by monday. 

thelittlet;  Thanks very much for the heads up!:smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
stan_the_man

For those interested in transferin non-credit card debt to their card, the NFCU rep I spoke with said that account number can't have letters in it.

Established Contributor
ChesterPDexter

so, thelittlet, what did you do? (if you don't mind saying.)  What did everyone else do?  Detail the day's take here.

I transferred a balance of just under $3,000 from Merrick-H (that's how I refer to the "Hooters" card.) 

I transferred a balance of about $1,800 from USAA so I can pay off the AMEX I've been carrying a balance on for a long time.

Yay!  Whoopee!  Yahoo!  Hooray!  What did everyone else (who took advantage of this) do?  Any notable transfers ridding yourself of a balance that's been bothering you for a long time?  I hate paying interest.  I've been paying far too much for far too long.  This year I have whittled it down quite a bit.  Now I've whittled it down to close to nothing, thanks to this offer.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+