Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 0% Balance Transfer Offer Mailer Is Transferrable

tag
firetech593
Regular Contributor

NFCU 0% Balance Transfer Offer Mailer Is Transferrable

Good day all,

My DW recieved the previously mentioned BT mailer last week. I was waiting for this to move a med bill to 0% by summer. My CL is 40k, hers is 22k. amount of BT is 14k but I didnt want 50% util on this card til its paid down (600 or so a month). 

I called Navy and they transferred it from my DW to my other card (25k CL). Today they did transfer offer to my correct card and I completed my transfer.

Gotta love the customer service. Member for life now.

I forgot to mention that these are separate, not joint or au accts.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU 0% Balance Transfer Offer Mailer Is Transferrable

@firetech593 wrote:

Good day all,

My DW recieved the previously mentioned BT mailer last week. I was waiting for this to move a med bill to 0% by summer. My CL is 40k, hers is 22k. amount of BT is 14k but I didnt want 50% util on this card til its paid down (600 or so a month). 

I called Navy and they transferred it from my DW to my other card (25k CL). Today they did transfer offer to my correct card and I completed my transfer.

Gotta love the customer service. Member for life now.

I forgot to mention that these are separate, not joint or au accts.

That is great service.  Did they whether you have to anything to activate the 0% or if it's just automatic.? There wasn't a whole lot of info on the mailer.

Message 2 of 13
firetech593
Regular Contributor

Irish,

I basically called and asked if I could use it since I pay all the bills. They sent a request to "back office" for consideration. 

A week later (today), I called and they said its active on my card.

They confirmed 0 fee and 0% for 12 months, back to reg interest (8.9) on remaining bal. after 12 mo. I submitted BT with CSR on phone to confirm at time of transfer 0%.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firetech593 wrote:

Irish,

I basically called and asked if I could use it since I pay all the bills. They sent a request to "back office" for consideration. 

A week later (today), I called and they said its active on my card.

They confirmed 0 fee and 0% for 12 months, back to reg interest (8.9) on remaining bal. after 12 mo. I submitted BT with CSR on phone to confirm at time of transfer 0%.

Thanks!  Guess I'll have to call to make sure

Message 4 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

i thought everyones card was getting 0% right now... Navy usually extends the offers to all cardholders.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

i thought everyones card was getting 0% right now... Navy usually extends the offers to all cardholders.

When these mailers were first sent out someone (can't remember whom) called NFCU and was told that it's a targeted offer.

Message 6 of 13
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

When these mailers were first sent out someone (can't remember whom) called NFCU and was told that it's a targeted offer.

I was told this in a PM to NFCU as well. Got the mailer a day later though Smiley Happy 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 13
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I was told this in a PM to NFCU as well. Got the mailer a day later though Smiley Happy 

One thing to note at least on my mailer it states offer expires 4-30-15

Message 8 of 13
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

I got the same offer today via e-mail. Great offer, only I don't have any balances to transfer!

There has never been a better time to consolidate your high-rate balance transfer from another financial institution to your Navy Federal credit card. You'll save more, thanks to no balance transfer fees and a 0% fixed intro APR on balance transfers for 12 months. After that, your standard APR applies.* Plus, all of our cards let you earn great rewards when you shop, like cash back or points that you can apply towards travel or merchandise.

Please note that this is an exclusive offer, so if you didn't receive an invitation, you won't be eligible for a special balance transfer rate.

This balance transfer offer is for a limited time only. Accept this offer by April 30, 2015
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the email today also... I am thinking about apping for the platinum card (2nd NFCU card) and transfering all my (very little) debt to this.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.