Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 2nd Card

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

NFCU 2nd Card

I joined NFCU about two weeks ago and apped immediately for their Cash Rewards Visa. I was approved instantly with a $10k limit and a 15.65% APR (I dont care about the APR cause I PIF). I am considering apping for a second card (The Platinum MC) Is this too much too soon? I will not app for the NavCheck as I do not need an overdraft line of credit. Thanks for your feedback. I have 5% utlization reporting on my EQ. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU 2nd Card

@MrCredit wrote:

I joined NFCU about two weeks ago and apped immediately for their Cash Rewards Visa. I was approved instantly with a $10k limit and a 15.65% APR (I dont care about the APR cause I PIF). I am considering apping for a second card (The Platinum MC) Is this too much too soon? I will not app for the NavCheck as I do not need an overdraft line of credit. Thanks for your feedback. I have 5% utlization reporting on my EQ. Thanks.

to bad you won't apply for the line of credit because I bet you would get $15k on that... different department.

as far as 2nd credit card... you will probably get denied, but can then send a secure message online asking them to move anywhere from $1-$9k in your case of your current line to open the 2nd line (i recommend doing it because the 2nd card would then be up for "possible" SP CLI in the future too!

However, I wouldn't do the platinum because the rate can only be like 1.5% better at best then any of the rewards cards and is only good for BT and cash advances without the rewards.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.