Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 50.00 bonus

tag
blunderer
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU 50.00 bonus

pgblb - Nice going on the multiple sign up bonuses!!!! 

I'm sure you'll get approved for the cash rewards.  The limit is usually based on income as well as credit score.  Good Luck!

Message 11 of 20
starry1
Valued Contributor

I'm mad because I already signed up my kids earlier this summer.  We could have had $200!

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 12 of 20
blunderer
Established Contributor

starry1 - doesn't hurt to call or send a nicely worded secured message to see if they'll at least give you the referral fee? Maybe not but worth a shot. 

Message 13 of 20
TG76
New Contributor

Got my Dad (Retired Marine) and my Brother to Join...Got me a quick 100.00..I Loooooveee Navy!!!!

Message 14 of 20
TG76
New Contributor

@Daisy10 wrote:

I just called nfcu to ask a question about my payment and afterwards the CSR told me about the $50.00 bonus for refering a new member.  I asked if my children would count and she said yes.  They do not do a credit pull if they are under 18, which mine are.  They would each get $50.00 into their savings account, so I wouldn't even have to fund it right away and I would also get $50.00 into my savings account for each child.  Not a bad deal.  I think i'm going to do it tomorrow.  The promotion is only through the month of August to celebrate their 80th anniversary.

Wow, I didn't even think of doing that. Thanks for th Info..I'M Doing that with my Son, That would be another 100.00!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 20
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

Awesome idea!! I saw the $50 referral fee advertised but didn't even think to sign up my child!  If you are signing up a child you have to call an 800 number...super easy just signed up my 7 year old up for a savings account! We both are getting $50 bucks into our accounts and I feel like I'm helping her with her financial future when the time comes. I'm a HUGE NFCU fan! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
Daisy10
Valued Member

Yay! So glad to be able to help someone.  This forum has helped me so much.  I'm happy to hear that people are taking advantage of this offer.  Nfcu is really a great credit union and I'm glad to be able to pass this onto my children.

Message 17 of 20
pgblb

I wondered out of the garden today and applied for the cashrewards visa, I only managed to stay there a couple months... it was just too tempting after seeing my daughters get approved!  Held my breathe all afternoon thinking I blew a HP just for another denial, (yes I have the "too many inquiries" on the negative side of the scale).  I just got the approval message... $5000!!  Total shock!!  After pulling myself up off the floor I proceeded with the happy dance!!!  My first unsecured card in many years!  Only was able to do it with all the advice on these forums and NFCU giving me a chance!

For others wondering if they should apply with NFCU... In march myFico Eq was 575, this morning it was 616 (now its 614 after NFCU did the HP on Equifax, it was definitly worth the 2 points! I have 3 small medical collections, newest being 1 1/2 years old, and 2 other old baddies that will fall off spring 2014.  I have 7 Inq (creditkarma says 16!) and usually keep my util at 8 to 10%. I have 2 auto loans, 2 secured cards only 5 months old, and 2 comenity store cards 3 months old.  Oh and my income sucks, only $31,000 a year.

I also want to add that last month CapOne turned me down for a secured card!  And I'm my daughters co-signer on an auto loan the them too!  Can't wait to refinance that loan with NFCU and say bye-bye CapOne!

Starting score: (May 2013) EQ 575
Current scores: EQ 723, TU 683, EX 692
Goal Scores: all 3 above 750
Message 18 of 20
meagherrob
Established Member

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I have been on...I was able to join today Smiley Happy and I am a family member of a active duty Navy and was wondering if I can refer people over to where I get the bonus?  I have 2 kids that I would love to add in here, but didn't know for sure since I am a family referral.  Thanks for any info and I am thinking of pulling the trigger for a credit card with them!

Message 19 of 20
Daisy10
Valued Member

As long as you are a member you may refer your children and qualify for the bonus. It dosen't matter how you became a member, only that you are one.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.