Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 50.00 bonus

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

NFCU 50.00 bonus

I think you will each earn 50.00 if you get someone to sign up as a member. Starting today. Not sure what the exact deal is. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Daisy10
Valued Member

Re: NFCU 50.00 bonus

I just called nfcu to ask a question about my payment and afterwards the CSR told me about the $50.00 bonus for refering a new member.  I asked if my children would count and she said yes.  They do not do a credit pull if they are under 18, which mine are.  They would each get $50.00 into their savings account, so I wouldn't even have to fund it right away and I would also get $50.00 into my savings account for each child.  Not a bad deal.  I think i'm going to do it tomorrow.  The promotion is only through the month of August to celebrate their 80th anniversary.

Message 2 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

This is a great promotion !  Thru end of August:

Refer an eligible friend, family member, or fellow servicemember for membership, and you'll each receive $50.1 Be sure that they have your full name and zip code on hand because they will need them to complete the referral. Then they can join online, by calling us at 1-888-842-628, or by visiting a local branch.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 20
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 20
blunderer
Established Contributor

Daisy10 - Thanks for the suggestion about opening accounts for kids.  I just called in to open accounts for both of mine.  They each receive $50 in their accounts and I'll receive $100 ($50 ea.) for referring each of them.  Just as important is that all of that was done with NO HP like you were told.  The rep actually stated as she was reading the disclosure that they would not do a HP to my credit because I'm already a member and my kids are minors so no HP for them.  Woo Hoo!!! 

BTW:  You can refer up to 5 people under this promotion and receive $50 in your account for each person who opens a new account.

Message 5 of 20
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'm signing up my sister + refinancing our auto for $250 bonus

Message 6 of 20
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I should sign up my granddaughter!  Can you sign up a newborn?

Message 7 of 20
LLMT
Regular Contributor

As long as she has been issued a SSN, I signed up my infants with no problem. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 20
pgblb

I had my daughter sign up Sunday, we both had the $50 in our accounts tuesday.  Signing up my husband & sister today! 

They also had the cashrewards card in her offers so she applied and was approved for 2k!  I have a secured card with them since I never got the invite in my offers for the cashrewards like she did.  Her score usually runs alittle lower than mine (I had to co-sign for her car loan).  So i'm thinking if she got approved I should too, I hope!  Waiting for my scores to update after getting util back down (overspent on vacation last month) before I apply.  I'm rebuilding after being very stupid when i was younger, my fico on here is now 608, hoping it goes up to at least 615 after CC's report.  My daughters hangs around 595-605.  All she has on her report is the car loan, she AU on my NFCU secured card and a couple medical baddies.  All her trade lines are brand new, oldest at 5 months.  I was shocked NFCU gave her 2K limit!  I hope they are as nice to me!

Starting score: (May 2013) EQ 575
Current scores: EQ 723, TU 683, EX 692
Goal Scores: all 3 above 750
Message 9 of 20
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Plus get $100 for direct deposit.  Although they say that the $50 referral can't be combined with other offers.  So maybe it is one or the other.  And I would take the $100 vs. the $50 if someone was trying to refer me.  But unless this stipulation doesn't apply then it would seem $50 for both the referral and the referred, plus another $100 if the referred does DD.  So maybe $150 in total for the referred?   

GET $100 FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT!2
All you have to do is:
Join Navy Federal in August
Open a checking account in August
Set up direct deposit
We'll deposit $100 into your account!

1 Limited-time offer. This offer may not be combined with any other new-member offers at the time of account opening.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.