Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Accounts Freeze?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

NFCU Accounts Freeze?

I have had my checking and savings accounts about one year now, plus cashRewards credit card about 8 months.
I closed my goRewards credit card 4 months after it was opened for CL consolidation.

I got in NFCU through my sis-in-law, who is an active duty air force sergeant. She is NOT a member of NFCU.
A year ago, the NFCU rep double checked with her manager and then told me that I was eligible to join and neither my sis-in-law nor my wife needed to be a member first.

Currently, my wife IS the joint owner of my depository accounts.

Question:

What are the chances that NFCU will freeze my accounts? (I assume it will be 0.)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Accounts Freeze?

After a whole year? Unlikely. Consider yourself lucky. They wouldn't let my mom join without her brother, who is a retired officer,being a member first then sponsoring her.
Message 2 of 8
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

I have had my checking and savings accounts about one year now, plus cashRewards credit card about 8 months.
I closed my goRewards credit card 4 months after it was opened for CL consolidation.

I got in NFCU through my sis-in-law, who is an active duty air force sergeant. She is NOT a member of NFCU.
A year ago, the NFCU rep double checked with her manager and then told me that I was eligible to join and neither my sis-in-law nor my wife needed to be a member first.

Currently, my wife IS the joint owner of my depository accounts.

Question:

What are the chances that NFCU will freeze my accounts? (I assume it will be 0.)

I would not worry you have been with them a yr already.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 8
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

I've been a member about 6 months and haven't had any problems yet. I joined through my grandfather who is military but he is not a member. I know usaa makes the other person join first but I didn't know NFCU had that policy. So far so good with them.

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 5 of 8
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Why not tell her to join its only a HP and 5.00$ this way you are qualified 100%

Message 6 of 8
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

I received a post card from NFCU with an offer to have a family member join and both you and family member would

receive a $25.00 reward.

With that said, check to see if this offer applies to you and have your wife join.

Remember you must provide your access number during the application process to receive the $25.00 reward.

Message 7 of 8
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

good one now he has 50 reasons to sign them up..

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.