NFCU Advice Needed

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Advice Needed

Judgement 2007

90 day late on WF CC 2006,   no collections

they pulled TU..  3 times lol but worth every pull

I had like over 15 inqs on each report  most from my mortgage which took 4 and 1/2 months to get closed ...  my Ficos were like 693-694 Fico Lender pulls  I was to the point where more apps didn't hurt my score Smiley Very Happy 

I have a very thick credit file...  39 tradelines...  most are PIF, never late  income 121k per yr.    I had Discover opened since 1999, Amex, and Chase opened 2012 all reporting when I apped.   My AAoA was 5 yrs when I apped... it had dropped some from adding new account... I'm firmly gardening now!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 21 of 49
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

Judgement 2007

90 day late on WF CC 2006,   no collections

they pulled TU..  3 times lol but worth every pull

I had like over 15 inqs on each report  most from my mortgage which took 4 and 1/2 months to get closed ...  my Ficos were like 693-694 Fico Lender pulls  I was to the point where more apps didn't hurt my score Smiley Very Happy 

I have a very thick credit file...  39 tradelines...  most are PIF, never late  income 121k per yr.    I had Discover opened since 2009, Amex, and Chase all reporting when I apped.   My AAoA was 5 yrs when I apped... it had dropped some from adding new account... I'm firmly gardening now!

In my opinion there is not a good reason to wait, as they will CLI if you call in later...  might as well start aging  your account with them early.  They aren't going to deny you

FICO 9:

Message 22 of 49
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys for all the replies - love this community. Will post an update when I pull the trigger.
Message 23 of 49
DM6410
Regular Contributor

When I opened my acct on 4/24, they pulled EQ for membership and TU for NFCU cash rewards CC. Maybe it is random which report they pull for membership/CC either EQ or TU???

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 24 of 49
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Hey DM6410 thanks for the info. Would you mind telling me if and what negatives you had when you apped?
Message 25 of 49
DM6410
Regular Contributor

Whereis750....you ask and you shall receive....

My reports are a work in progress.

EQ showed

1-paid collection from 2010

1-60 day late on 2 student loan accts from 9/11 (disputing these as my SLs were in deferrment since graduating grad school in 5/11)

2-30 day lates on my 2010 toyota car from 2010 and 1-30, 1-60 day late from my 2011 toyota car 7/11 and 8/11

1-30 day late on a now closed cc from 12/11 (tried to GW subprime card and they wouldn't budge so closed the acct - it's principal)

TU reporting the exact same except 3 paid coollections from 2006 and the same paid collection from 2010

Utilization = 1-2%, I now try to PIF every card, I may have a small bal rept on one card sometimes.

Inquires = 1-2 on each report prior to apping

Income = $70k

When I appd I only had $5 in my chkg acct and $5 in sav acct, I now have direct deposit of $50 each pay to sav, $25 to chkg

I plan to PIF my card cash rewards card with NFCU before statement reports and I will make this my daily use card.

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 26 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know I was just on the site and I have the see my offers button says you can refer Family to join or Friends!  I know there are a lot of people on this forum that would love to join I'm just saying it's good to have friends.  FYI...

Message 27 of 49
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Friends can join if they live in your house. Otherwise they have to qualify based on military affiliation as well.
FICO 9:

Message 28 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well OK so if your a hot chick Smiley Happy it's good to have friends!!!  hahahahahahahahah

Message 29 of 49
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

DM6410 - thanks for this info. I'm waiting to hear back from Chase on my GW to get my lates removed from 2008/2009. I had some up to 120! But my student loans never went into collection and eventually Chase stopped servicing and Acs took over.
Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.