Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

Just seems like a "spruced up" GoRewards with an Amex logo. I already have GoRewards and Amex relationship so will sit this one out.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 31 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@mrldp40 wrote:

Anyone been approved yet?

I may be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, NFCU never gives same day approvals.

You're mistaken Smiley Tongue  They give instant approvals when applicable 

Message 32 of 229
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@mrldp40 wrote:

Anyone been approved yet?

I may be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, NFCU never gives same day approvals.

Mistaken..  Many instant approvals with NFCU 

Message 33 of 229
JustcallmeTM
Regular Contributor

@700orbust wrote:

Are they pulling TU on CCs?

They pulled TU for my wife's app. I haven't attempted and still in debate if I should, I have never been pulled by TU or EX by NFCU dating back to 1999, so for me to try its to see if they did fully move CC for everyone to TU pulls.

Message 34 of 229
kugel
Valued Contributor

Pulled for me tu
Message 35 of 229
kugel
Valued Contributor

I got a text message that app is under review
I know if approved they will text will also text if it got declined?
Message 36 of 229
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Understand some people are excited for this card, especially if you can't get in with Centurion bank.. To me the card is MEH at best.  Other peoples thoughts?

Full available for me to apply for on their site showing up just fine, just no reason for me to grab it at this time or possibly ever

I can understand wanting to get in with Centurion bank, but what's the draw of just being on the Amex network?  If anything that's a disadvantage vs. V/MC, no?

Message 37 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm rather disappointed in this offering. I was fully expecting it to mirror the USAA Limitless and was prepared to take another TU hit for it. Ah well.
Message 38 of 229
nelg727
Valued Member

I wonder if we can do a product change to the new AMEX card?

Message 39 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Understand some people are excited for this card, especially if you can't get in with Centurion bank.. To me the card is MEH at best.  Other peoples thoughts?

Full available for me to apply for on their site showing up just fine, just no reason for me to grab it at this time or possibly ever

I can understand wanting to get in with Centurion bank, but what's the draw of just being on the Amex network?  If anything that's a disadvantage vs. V/MC, no?

It makes the Amex offers that give discounts/savings available to you.  Some of the offers are open for any Amex card.

Message 40 of 229
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.