Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

Glad to see NFCU offer a new card type; but like others I am a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a Limitless competitor or at least a 2% cash back card. 

The card art does not show embossed numbers...I wonder if it will be embossed. Otherwise a nice looking card. I was wondering what colour they were going to use. 

Message 81 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data point: I just got a Go Rewards, not even in my hands yet and called for a PC to Amex and was told that it wasent possible because it's a different product line. I gave my reason for PC as the rewards structure was better suited to my spending habits.

I was also told that I could not apply for it before 91 days from my first card and that this was an internal limitation; although I'm not sure how accurate this information is.

Message 82 of 229
trant3
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Data point: I just got a Go Rewards, not even in my hands yet and called for a PC to Amex and was told that it wasent possible because it's a different product line. I gave my reason for PC as the rewards structure was better suited to my spending habits.

I was also told that I could apply for it before 91 days from my first card and that this was an internal limitation; although I'm not sure how accurate this information is. 

Sounds legit, usually they'll PC without hesitation.

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 83 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not for me and in the garden anyways.  

I do hope that USAA sees this and encourages them to release the Limiteless in California Smiley Very Happy

Message 84 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not for me and in the garden anyways.  

I do hope that USAA sees this and encourages them to release the Limiteless in California Smiley Very Happy

They will in 10 days

Message 85 of 229
bldmt
Regular Contributor

So does this: I was also told that I could apply for it before 91 days from my first card and that this was an internal limitation; although I'm not sure how accurate this information is. mean that they are allowing people to apply before they would normally would be able to after getting another NFCU product? My 3rd GoRewards statement would be 09/26.

Message 86 of 229
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Did I miss something or has there been no approvals for this card yet?  Was expecting the approvals section to be flooded with approvals today for this card from people wanting it for one reason or another.  Wonder if the UW is the same currently as their other cards or a bit more tight since it is new?  Alot of denials I have seen and pendings.  Maybe most of the people that have applied already have two cards with them as third is harder to get or lower scores or just higher requirements?  Was expecting to see flooded approvals section today.

Message 87 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to clarify "could not!" meaning I would have to wait for at least 3 statements to cut begore applying. Hope that helps. That is why it's a limitation, sorry.
Message 88 of 229
mrldp40
Established Contributor

That helps alot .it may be why I was denied .
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 89 of 229
dak17
New Contributor

New NFCU Amex Card!

I have long anticipated what this card would look like - was poking around and found this.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/navy-federal-rewards-american-express-card-review-3x-supermarkets-gas...

Message 90 of 229
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.