applied this morning and so far didn't hear anything back
form reading here besides maybe one approval all went to pending
Message 92 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe it's once you start the app, because I don't see it now.

It's possible that they put a bonus signup by mistake in the mobile application and now have fixed it.

This is exactly what I'm thinking, Irish. I definitely read it, and it was 25000 points after spending $3000 in 3 months. I don't see any spend bonuses on any of their cards, actually. BTW, I sent them a message to check the status. I could get a denial. Smiley Sad Can you call for recon with Navy Fed? They definitely pulled my TU already, though. 

Message 93 of 229
kugel
Valued Contributor

U can go log in online on your desktop and go to application status and check it
But it is a slow motion pending card
Message 94 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
U can go log in online on your desktop and go to application status and check it
But it is a slow motion pending card

I've been checking it every 10 minutes or so, lol! Smiley Happy

Message 95 of 229
kugel
Valued Contributor

Same here and apped  9am today it's annoying

Message 96 of 229
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I want to clarify "could not!" meaning I would have to wait for at least 3 statements to cut begore applying. Hope that helps. That is why it's a limitation, sorry.

I fixed it for you.  Smiley Wink

Message 97 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very strange day with NFCU and I.  I applied for a $3.5k CLI on my Rewards Visa Card with a current $5k limit today and was denied.  I called NFCU and asked the CSR if there would be another hard pull if I apped for their new Amex card and was told there would be.  I hung up disappointed but after a little bit of time I decided "what the hey?" and apped for the Amex card anyway and was instantly approved for it with a $5k SL.  I don't understand why they'll deny me a $3.5 CLI on one card just to approve me for a brand new card with a $5k CL...strange philosophy (alright, "algorithm" I guess) they've got going on over there.

Data points: I just joined NFCU in December, 2016, currently have mid-600 FICOS, a $5k Visa Rewards, a $10k CLOC and new a shiny new NFCU Amex on the way.  SHRUG.

Message 98 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe it's once you start the app, because I don't see it now.

It's possible that they put a bonus signup by mistake in the mobile application and now have fixed it.

This is exactly what I'm thinking, Irish. I definitely read it, and it was 25000 points after spending $3000 in 3 months. I don't see any spend bonuses on any of their cards, actually. BTW, I sent them a message to check the status. I could get a denial. Smiley Sad Can you call for recon with Navy Fed? They definitely pulled my TU already, though. 

Yes you can call to recon if you're denied or better yet, do it via the secured messages.  They're known for bieng open minded and will reverse a decision if your credit warrants an approval.

Message 99 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
Yes seems like it's a tough UW
applied this morning and so far didn't hear anything back
form reading here besides maybe one approval all went to pending

I seriously doubt that the underwriting criteria is any different for this card vs their other offerings.  Delays are to be expected when a card is just made available and they're swamped with applications.

Message 100 of 229
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.