[ Edited ]
Yes seems like it's a tough UW
applied this morning and so far didn't hear anything back
form reading here besides maybe one approval all went to pending
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

Irish80 wrote:

Bella007 wrote:
Maybe it's once you start the app, because I don't see it now.

It's possible that they put a bonus signup by mistake in the mobile application and now have fixed it.

This is exactly what I'm thinking, Irish. I definitely read it, and it was 25000 points after spending $3000 in 3 months. I don't see any spend bonuses on any of their cards, actually. BTW, I sent them a message to check the status. I could get a denial. Smiley Sad Can you call for recon with Navy Fed? They definitely pulled my TU already, though. 

Current Scores------ EQ 679; TU 653; EX 681 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until "Winter is Over"
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

U can go log in online on your desktop and go to application status and check it
But it is a slow motion pending card
Valued Contributor

kugel wrote:
U can go log in online on your desktop and go to application status and check it
But it is a slow motion pending card

I've been checking it every 10 minutes or so, lol! Smiley Happy

Current Scores------ EQ 679; TU 653; EX 681 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until "Winter is Over"
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same here and apped  9am today it's annoying

cestlavie wrote:
I want to clarify "could not!" meaning I would have to wait for at least 3 statements to cut begore applying. Hope that helps. That is why it's a limitation, sorry.

I fixed it for you.  Smiley Wink

Valued Member

Very strange day with NFCU and I.  I applied for a $3.5k CLI on my Rewards Visa Card with a current $5k limit today and was denied.  I called NFCU and asked the CSR if there would be another hard pull if I apped for their new Amex card and was told there would be.  I hung up disappointed but after a little bit of time I decided "what the hey?" and apped for the Amex card anyway and was instantly approved for it with a $5k SL.  I don't understand why they'll deny me a $3.5 CLI on one card just to approve me for a brand new card with a $5k CL...strange philosophy (alright, "algorithm" I guess) they've got going on over there.

Data points: I just joined NFCU in December, 2016, currently have mid-600 FICOS, a $5k Visa Rewards, a $10k CLOC and new a shiny new NFCU Amex on the way.  SHRUG.

Bella007 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

Bella007 wrote:
Maybe it's once you start the app, because I don't see it now.

It's possible that they put a bonus signup by mistake in the mobile application and now have fixed it.

This is exactly what I'm thinking, Irish. I definitely read it, and it was 25000 points after spending $3000 in 3 months. I don't see any spend bonuses on any of their cards, actually. BTW, I sent them a message to check the status. I could get a denial. Smiley Sad Can you call for recon with Navy Fed? They definitely pulled my TU already, though. 

Yes you can call to recon if you're denied or better yet, do it via the secured messages.  They're known for bieng open minded and will reverse a decision if your credit warrants an approval.

0 Kudos

kugel wrote:
Yes seems like it's a tough UW
applied this morning and so far didn't hear anything back
form reading here besides maybe one approval all went to pending

I seriously doubt that the underwriting criteria is any different for this card vs their other offerings.  Delays are to be expected when a card is just made available and they're swamped with applications.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.