Did you mean: 

NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
15k for pipeguy, not so little.

Im amazed at how little of a credit storm this has created since its release, at least here in FicolandSmiley Wink. Would have thought it would be superhot at least a month lolSmiley Wink

Most people already have there two NFCU cc's and the third one is a nightmare to get for most hence that has slowed down the storm along with alot of denial data points.

Message 151 of 229
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, agreed CC. I guess newer isnt always better. Im perfectly happy with a low apr car, though i still have to work on that, and a cash back card from Navy. Having Amex from Amex cured my itch. Lol, the only real reason i got my Amex from WF is because i thought i wouldnr see an Amex for at least 10 more yearsSmiley Wink
Message 152 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know why I applied, I had already said this card didn't impress me. But started thinking I needed a 2nd nfcu card lol got approved $9600 @ 11.99% not complaining but I have gotten used to bigger sl recently that I was disappointed lmao 😏
Message 153 of 229
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That may not be the big sl you may be used to fmurad, but thats a pretty decent sl for this card. Plus given that its your 2nd NFCU card, it has room to grow. I see this card as a good option for those who want two different Navy cards .
Message 154 of 229
peghede
Valued Contributor

low limits on this card 15k was the big one ...so far and hundreds of declined app.(im one of them) ,, i remember  cash rewards 22k sl or 25k sl....might be a bs card.

Message 155 of 229
mthurman
Established Member

I have been lurking in forums for a while now, just never posted anything. I applied for the AMEX this morning, instant approval for 15K. Shortly after the approval, I received emails saying changes in my TU. 

Message 156 of 229
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
15k for pipeguy, not so little.

Im amazed at how little of a credit storm this has created since its release, at least here in FicolandSmiley Wink. Would have thought it would be superhot at least a month lolSmiley Wink

I think the pre-release hype had people hoping for a better card, so they were disappointed once the card was released and its details became known.

A lot of folk misunderstood the signifcance of the card being an Amex.  They thought it would give them backdoor access to Amex Offers and other Amex benefits.  In fact, it is just an ordinary credit card that happens to process its transactions through the Amex network. The card has nothing to do with Centurian Bank.

Similarly, a lot of folk thought that NFCU would model this card after the new USAA Limitless with 2.5% flat rate cash back.  Instead, the new card is a classic 3-2-1% cash back card.  The 3% category is groceries, which makes it a competitor to Amex Blue Cash Everyday, but NFCU's absurdly high $50 minimum redemption makes BCE the better card.

The bottom line is that More Rewards is just a groceries version of Go Rewards.  If Go Rewards wasn't exciting, why would More Rewards be superhot?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 157 of 229
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great points UpperNWguySmiley Happy its bad enough on a low spend i have to wait to hit $25 on my Dc to redeem but $50 yikes. Anyone for a Navy Discover? Smiley Wink
Message 158 of 229
Caldric
New Contributor

Instant approval, already have the CashRewards which I use often that went up 3 or 4 times for CLI request month or so ago. Even had about 20% util after moving.

Not crazy starting 3800, 17% give or take a .1 and well not real happy with $50 min because I liked my any rebate anytime deal with CashRewards. Didn't see that part thought maybe they would roll with anytime refund or whatever. Still not bad card plus have mortgage with NFCU and checking, cloc and savings. So works for me. If not big with NFCU might not be worth the effort I am sure there are better cards.

Pulled TU I think it is 719 or 700 ish somewhere in there. They use the new 9 template though? Atleast my Free Fico with them show the 9 score. First I have seen on that.

Message 159 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears they are providing the Equifax FICO 9 in the "view your FICO" section, but when applying for a CC or CLI and they do a hard pull it's usually with Transunion.  

Message 160 of 229
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.