Did you mean: 

NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

tag
gsxraddict
Valued Member

Re: NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

yes

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick Q:  Is 3 points back the same as 3% back?

Message 211 of 229
HoneyRock
New Contributor

Heeeeeey Folks!

I applied and was approved for my highest CL yet!!  15k SL with a 15.99% APR !  I have a low limit card with them with a higher apr, hoping to get a CLI on that card. Already have the CLOC... cant wait to use new card for rewards!  

Discharged Chp7: 1/15
CreditKarmaFako 1/18: TU745 EQ744
FICOSCORE8 8/17: EX640 EQ621 TU642
CardsInWallet: 10 Credit Cards | 14 Store Cards | 100k Club as of 1/22/2018
Opened then Closed ~20 Store cards Jan 2016 totaling ~4k (I know SMH) | Boatload of INQ's | Last HP 03/22/18
**** Focused On The Garden for 24 months (Working towards a mortgage & continuous Free Flowing SP CLI's)****
Message 212 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

'Grats!  I *heart* NFCU.

Message 213 of 229
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job HoneySmiley Happy Should change your name to Honey I Blew Up NavyFed ...With My SweetnessSmiley Happy
Message 214 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not going to dig through 22 pages. Can the points from the Navy Amex be combined with the Go Rewards? 

Message 215 of 229
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not going to dig through 22 pages. Can the points from the Navy Amex be combined with the Go Rewards? 

No.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 216 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No.

I think it's a dumb concept that they aren't all under the same rewards umbrella like the Citi TY cards or the AMEX cards. 

Message 217 of 229
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course you do! 

Message 218 of 229
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No.

I think it's a dumb concept that they aren't all under the same rewards umbrella like the Citi TY cards or the AMEX cards. 

Do all TYs pool? I read some earned from banking promos can't become miles.

AFAIK, NFCU doesn't have any cards with amazing rewards programs. I'd guess most members probably use one NFCU card (not two) and spend regularly on it, favoring simplicity and customer service over rewards. I can see the inconvenience when they don't pool, but I don't see it as a common complaint from their members, and wouldn't expect it to change soon.

On a related note, if someone has both cards and finds single-card redemptions inconvenient, that may be a sign of spreading spend too thinly.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 219 of 229
HoneyRock
New Contributor

Thanks @AverageJoesCredit  Smiley Wink!!! I'm beyond excited and without the help of you all I would not have gotten here Smiley HappyHeart

When I get some time I need to head over to a few other threads: Discover, super surprisingly Wells Fargo AND the 100k Club, with those approvals/achievements I'm  Very grateful, I expect to garden well at this point.

Discharged Chp7: 1/15
CreditKarmaFako 1/18: TU745 EQ744
FICOSCORE8 8/17: EX640 EQ621 TU642
CardsInWallet: 10 Credit Cards | 14 Store Cards | 100k Club as of 1/22/2018
Opened then Closed ~20 Store cards Jan 2016 totaling ~4k (I know SMH) | Boatload of INQ's | Last HP 03/22/18
**** Focused On The Garden for 24 months (Working towards a mortgage & continuous Free Flowing SP CLI's)****
Message 220 of 229
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.