Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

[ Edited ]

Dinosaur wrote:

CreditCuriousity wrote:

Understand some people are excited for this card, especially if you can't get in with Centurion bank.. To me the card is MEH at best.  Other peoples thoughts?

Full available for me to apply for on their site showing up just fine, just no reason for me to grab it at this time or possibly ever

CC don't let us down now ... you are a credit "Master" to say the least!

Lol master of no self control and loving free money for money I gotta spend anyways Smiley Happy.... And there is no free money here, thus passing Smiley Happy

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Valued Contributor

CreditCuriousity wrote:

Understand some people are excited for this card, especially if you can't get in with Centurion bank.. To me the card is MEH at best.  Other peoples thoughts?

Full available for me to apply for on their site showing up just fine, just no reason for me to grab it at this time or possibly ever

Agreed, there are far superior cards for those with options, but it is nice to see that NFCU is branching out to have an Amex card. Now if they would only offer something to compete with USAA.......

EX: 745 TU: 753 EQ: 720
Community Leader
Super Contributor

tydawg wrote:

CreditCuriousity wrote:

Agreed, there are far superior cards for those with options, but it is nice to see that NFCU is branching out to have an Amex card. Now if they would only offer something to compete with USAA.......

Yes somehow I expect PenFed or NFCU to step up with a 2.5% card even if it is an Amex to help off-set the costs.. Someone will step up and compete with USAA, it is just matter of time and running the numbers to make it work.  It would work easier with Amex then any other card due to swipe fees, etc one would think.  Be interesting to see who will be the next person in the 2.5% back market.  Guessing PenFed or NFCU.. Don't include alliant card for 3% fir first year and AF then drops down.

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Valued Contributor

CreditCuriousity wrote:

I don't have a need for the card and without a sign up bonus much less. NFCU needs to enter the 2% as there are several options out there already (Citi DC, Blispay, Paypal,etc.). Even RFBCU changed their 3,2,1 cash rewards card to a flat 2%. 

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone been approved yet?

fico 08 08/01//2017 tu 629 eq 637
ex 611 overstock 0/2250 disc secured 0/ 300 credit one 0/450 navy c rewards 1000/3500 navy plat mc 0/2000 penfed oloc 0/500 x 2 mjc 0/5000 wally world 0/200 carecredit 0/800 eq 05 bankcard 669 if i knew who pulled it
Senior Contributor

CreditCuriousity wrote:

I feel the same way. I discovered I preferred the real thing over the  knock offs. I did have three through other banks(Penfed, BBVA and First Nationall Bank of Omaha. Closed one of them and rarely use the other two Amex network cards. 

FICO 8 Scores EQ=753 TU=779 EX=764 (INQ) EQ=19 TU=14 EX=18 TCL=$519,000
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Applied but the app went to review
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

mrldp40 wrote:

I may be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, NFCU never gives same day approvals.

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Reserve • PenFed Power Cash Rewards
Sock drawer: Chase United Explorer • UNFCU Azure • NFCU cashRewards • NFCU Go Rewards • PenFed Promise
Closed: Chase United Club • Citi AAdvantage • Citi Simplicity • Amex Green • Amex BCE • NFCU nRewards • PenFed MC • Store Cards
Contributor

UpperNwGuy wrote:

mrldp40 wrote:

I may be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, NFCU never gives same day approvals.

My wife just got instant approval @13.2k 15.99% 

They do give instants if your profile supports it

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Are they pulling TU on CCs?

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Amex Blue Cash Preferred, Platinum, and Capital One Spark Business.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.