Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Amex Master thread. All posts go here

Dinosaur wrote:

CreditCuriousity wrote:

Understand some people are excited for this card, especially if you can't get in with Centurion bank.. To me the card is MEH at best.  Other peoples thoughts?

Full available for me to apply for on their site showing up just fine, just no reason for me to grab it at this time or possibly ever

CC don't let us down now ... you are a credit "Master" to say the least!

Lol master of no self control and loving free money for money I gotta spend anyways Smiley Happy.... And there is no free money here, thus passing Smiley Happy

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | Barclay's | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Message 21 of 211
Valued Contributor

CreditCuriousity wrote:

Understand some people are excited for this card, especially if you can't get in with Centurion bank.. To me the card is MEH at best.  Other peoples thoughts?

Full available for me to apply for on their site showing up just fine, just no reason for me to grab it at this time or possibly ever

Agreed, there are far superior cards for those with options, but it is nice to see that NFCU is branching out to have an Amex card. Now if they would only offer something to compete with USAA.......

Message 22 of 211
Community Leader
Super Contributor

tydawg wrote:

CreditCuriousity wrote:

Agreed, there are far superior cards for those with options, but it is nice to see that NFCU is branching out to have an Amex card. Now if they would only offer something to compete with USAA.......

Yes somehow I expect PenFed or NFCU to step up with a 2.5% card even if it is an Amex to help off-set the costs.. Someone will step up and compete with USAA, it is just matter of time and running the numbers to make it work.  It would work easier with Amex then any other card due to swipe fees, etc one would think.  Be interesting to see who will be the next person in the 2.5% back market.  Guessing PenFed or NFCU.. Don't include alliant card for 3% fir first year and AF then drops down.

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | Barclay's | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Message 23 of 211
Valued Contributor

CreditCuriousity wrote:

I don't have a need for the card and without a sign up bonus much less. NFCU needs to enter the 2% as there are several options out there already (Citi DC, Blispay, Paypal,etc.). Even RFBCU changed their 3,2,1 cash rewards card to a flat 2%. 

Message 24 of 211
Established Contributor

Anyone been approved yet?

fico 11/01/01//2017 tu 634eq 631
ex 613overstock src="http://ficoforums.
Message 25 of 211
Senior Contributor

CreditCuriousity wrote:

I feel the same way. I discovered I preferred the real thing over the  knock offs. I did have three through other banks(Penfed, BBVA and First Nationall Bank of Omaha. Closed one of them and rarely use the other two Amex network cards. 

FICO 8 Scores EQ=754 TU=774 EX=766 (INQ) EQ=16 TU=14 EX=15 TCL=$500K+
Message 26 of 211
Established Contributor

Applied but the app went to review
Message 27 of 211
Frequent Contributor

mrldp40 wrote:

I may be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, NFCU never gives same day approvals.

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Reserve • PenFed Power Cash Rewards
Also have: Chase United MileagePlus Explorer • UNFCU Azure • NFCU cashRewards • NFCU Go Rewards • PenFed Promise
Message 28 of 211
Contributor

UpperNwGuy wrote:

mrldp40 wrote:

I may be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, NFCU never gives same day approvals.

My wife just got instant approval @13.2k 15.99% 

They do give instants if your profile supports it

Message 29 of 211
Frequent Contributor

Are they pulling TU on CCs?

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Amex Blue Cash Preferred, Platinum, and Capital One Spark Business.
Message 30 of 211