Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU App itch....LOL!!

Message 51 of 56
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

No other major card company is going to start someone with a score in the 500s with a $5k limit.

+1

Oh I did not know they were that easy to get approved for, app on then people lol.

Message 52 of 56
dodgeball
Established Contributor

That is the misconception about NFCU the rewards are not bad there average and some cards like the Flagship offer 2% on point redeption plus Navy does have a online Mall the rivals Discovecard and most places offer 5% back.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 53 of 56
ellefante

I was told being active duty helps get approved for one like someone else said their score determines their limit. Whereas if they weren't active duty they wouldn't get approved.

Stash: NFCU Rewards - $2K | NAVCheck - $2K
Last app: 3/12/13
Gardening until: 11/2013
Message 54 of 56
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@ellefante wrote:
I was told being active duty helps get approved for one like someone else said their score determines their limit. Whereas if they weren't active duty they wouldn't get approved.

I don't think this rumor is true.  NFCU gave me a 22k limit with a settled judgment reporting...  I've never been in the military, and my husband has been out since 2009.

I dont think this rumor holds any merit.  They have no way to track who is active duty and who is not...

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 55 of 56
ellefante

Well they can see if you're active duty based on the person's account. But it's info that anyone can call in and say to edit their rank or status other than the active duty checking accounts they have. I always wondered if they can find out for sure. Maybe the direct deposit has to be from dfas.

Stash: NFCU Rewards - $2K | NAVCheck - $2K
Last app: 3/12/13
Gardening until: 11/2013
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.