Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Appeal Process

tag
ItnStln

Re: NFCU Appeal Process

@Creditaddict wrote:
Never carry credit balances if you can pay off!
If you need to though navy is probably your best bet to carry.
But the goal is pay no interest

Thanks for confirming what I was already thinking, creditaddict!  I plan to pay my nRewards card and my other card off within the next few weeks, then ask NFCU for a CLI.  After six or eight months, I will re-apply for another NFCU card.  In your professional opinion (you seem to know alot about this stuff, even more than some bankers I speak with!) should I even use that card at all or let it sit in a drawer?  When I say use it at all, I mean use it to purchase gas once a month, then PIF.  Thank you again for your good information!

Message 11 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ItnStln wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
Never carry credit balances if you can pay off!
If you need to though navy is probably your best bet to carry.
But the goal is pay no interest

Thanks for confirming what I was already thinking, creditaddict!  I plan to pay my nRewards card and my other card off within the next few weeks, then ask NFCU for a CLI.  After six or eight months, I will re-apply for another NFCU card.  In your professional opinion (you seem to know alot about this stuff, even more than some bankers I speak with!) should I even use that card at all or let it sit in a drawer?  When I say use it at all, I mean use it to purchase gas once a month, then PIF.  Thank you again for your good information!

I'm a person that almost never uses cash and does not use a debit card ever so I use a credit card for all purchases.  I happen to get paid weekly, so my 76 gas card and my capital one business card I pay weekly as my paycheck hits since the charges are all related to that paycheck.... That way I am able to show more use to the bank then if I paid cash or debit but I keep the balance paid off weekly so I don't get a statement at the end of the month and be like "oh, no, I forget I had that much gas purchases this month!"

Something like Mint.com or Personalcapital.com are free and can also be great tools to help you track your bills and your money to keep yourself on track with where you can cut back and what you have outstanding and set yourself alerts if you want too.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ItnStin - there is one frustration you may not be aware of too. While you read 30% utilization is ok... truth higher FICO Scores come with utilization under 10% for most people. While this does not necessarily affect your current situation keep this in the back of your mind. Truth, if your not seeking credit it is not a big deal but if you do, the lower utilization enhances your opportunities.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.