Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Application

@bichonmom wrote:

Thanks. I just don't get *why* they gave me such a LOW limit. This thread alone has people w/scores lower than me getting 3 to 4 times the limit. I just don't get it. It's SO frustrating. Smiley Sad

I don't want to have to wait and get yet another hard pull for a possible CLI. I'd imagine I'd have to wait at least 6 to 12 months, based on what another CU told me.

Exactly, I'm in the same boat - they only gave me a 1.5k CL. I have no debt to speak of, no late payments, no baddies at all, etc. Short credit history, but that's the only negative. I even have a $3k card already, so it's not like they were giving me my highest credit line either.

My wife (who has about a third of my income, has some late payments and baddies on her history) got approved for 4k. Not really sure what they base their CL decisions on.

Message 21 of 29
CorporalCaptain
Valued Member

I wonder if they also look at oldest account and AAoA.

When I got in about 3 weeks ago, I applied for membership/savings, checking, and cashRewards on the same day.

EQ and TU both over 805, but the kicker may be oldest account 17 years and AAoA 7.5 years.

Got approved for everying, and the cashRewards was approved for $14,000 @ prime + 6.4.

USAA World MasterCard - $14,500
American Express SPG - $20,000
NFCU CashRewards Visa Sig - $20,000
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $5,000
Message 22 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Does anyone know if they do recons? Can you do a recon for a higher CL?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 23 of 29
stephanieL
Established Member

Ok Im still trying to get over this ..I applied for a checking account last week and then within a few days I couldnt wait longer and applied for the cash rewards visa. It took several days to get an answer but I was apporved for 6k, not the best rate(14%) but still better then my capital one cards apr. A little background is I had a bankruptcy in 08 so this approval amount has me very excited. I do not currently have a direct deposit with the bank but will within the next few weeks. I work full time at my job since 1999, they did call and verify my salary and hire date. Im not sure of my exact score but last time I was denied credit it showed at 626. If I can get approved any one can!

Message 24 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@stephanieL wrote:

Ok Im still trying to get over this ..I applied for a checking account last week and then within a few days I couldnt wait longer and applied for the cash rewards visa. It took several days to get an answer but I was apporved for 6k, not the best rate(14%) but still better then my capital one cards apr. A little background is I had a bankruptcy in 08 so this approval amount has me very excited. I do not currently have a direct deposit with the bank but will within the next few weeks. I work full time at my job since 1999, they did call and verify my salary and hire date. Im not sure of my exact score but last time I was denied credit it showed at 626. If I can get approved any one can!

Stories like yours just make me wonder with them. I have NO BK on my CR and my EQ FICO, which they pulled, was 675. So, how is it that I only got $2k and you got $6k? It's a rhetorical question, but still very frustrating. I can only hope that I'll be able to get a decent CLI in 6 months.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 25 of 29
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

I had a very nice lady call me today to comfirm my account info and give me access to my account. Before i got off the phone she mentiond that i was preapproved for the cashrewards card she said it is not very often she sees that message on a new account. I told her to go ahead and sign me up but i was unsure if i would get approved becuase i have opened 2 new accounts in thre last few days she said she got the 3-5 day message but i checked online and it said i should hear somthing back in one day soo i am hopeful from everything people have been saying on here i think i am already approved

Message 26 of 29
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

i just joined navy federal a few days ago. after talking with the rep for a while i decided to go with the secured card being my credit scores range in the 500's and im building my credit and high chances they would deny me for a reg card and i didnt want to take another hard hit. navy federal is very leniant on baddies on your report so i would consider myself lucky on that 2k limit and in about 6 months i would inquier on a cli and see where that goes. sometimes they do random cli's and others (my brother has been in the marines for 5 years perfect history and still has 1k limit) have to request one

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 27 of 29
stephanieL
Established Member

I can feel your frustrationSmiley Mad My sister is in the AF and hers is only like 1500 I think. I have no idea how they make their decisions, but Im glad they took a chance on me. Also Im not sure what your debt is, and if you have any but I only have a 18k car loan, thats it.  Stephanie

Message 28 of 29
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

Just applied today and laid who called me told me i got the 3-5 day message.. checked online told me under review said i would hear back in one business day and just checked online they approved me for 15K

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.