cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval with Visa how soon should I apply for the MC and Navchek?

tag
bbb925
Regular Contributor

NFCU Approval with Visa how soon should I apply for the MC and Navchek?

Hello,

I applied on 3/11/11 for the Rewards Visa card with NFCU and was approved for $8500. I was wondering if it is too soon to apply for the MC or NavChek LOC? My credit scores are: TU 658. EQ 652 EX 732. I have 3 inq on EQ from  3/11/11, 3/10/11 and 6/15/10 and 0 on TU and 0 on EX. Any advice would be great. And also, if I should go for either one, will they do another hard pull?

Thank You!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditAngel
Valued Member

Re: NFCU Approval with Visa how soon should I apply for the MC and Navchek?

You have 30days to use the same report for the MC....the Navchek will be a HARD PULL.   I did a CAR LOAN $38,000 (have not used yet) , NAVI CHECK $8000 plus a MC $5000 request AND received all but 2 different HARD pulls. I was told that the LOAN pulls were not the same as the CREDIT CARDS. Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told the same that u have 30 days and they use the same inq. but guess what they ran my credit from all 3 agencys and ran it 3 times so i got 9 inq and they still havnt gotten reply ....and they ran credit on 3 diffrent days so they lied to me

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told the same that u have 30 days and they use the same inq. but guess what they ran my credit from all 3 agencys and ran it 3 times so i got 9 inq and they still havnt gotten reply ....and they ran credit on 3 diffrent days so they lied to me

Well, I think you may have some extraordinary circumstances, maxn4s, if I recall correctly. NFCU is pretty easygoing once you're qualified for membership, and there are no issues with identification verification. I think that you noted, in a previous post, that they were having some difficulty with the latter. I think that if everything's in order  it'll all work itself out, and you can ask them if they'll recode some of those hard INQs to softs. Alternatively, if there is a serious problem, their security/fraud (I forget what they call themselves) will most definitely root it out for you. They're really good about that type of thing, and you will definitely want to know if there are problems with your identity or credit, etc... 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are very debt to income ratio driven, in my experience. If they think you have hit your max exposure for income level they will turn you down for additional products and increases.

Message 5 of 10
anderl
Frequent Contributor

I would apply asap-I app'd for the Flagship Visa,now Flagship Signature Visa, and got an instant approval-CSR asked whether I was interested in any other Credit products,that I could have the MC and Nav Chek LOC as well-said why not,and was approved for both-3 INQUIRIES THOUGH- didn't complain since I went from having $750 in total credit to $35k!!! My scores at the time were 670's, 680's on all three CB's. Good Luck!Smiley Wink

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 6 of 10
bbb925
Regular Contributor

On my credit cards I have no balance. I do have a $3000 balance on a car loan and $12,000 balance on my student loans. I do pay in full for credit card payments before it shows up on the statement. I only work part-time so my personal income is 40k, but total household is 150k. I wanted to apply by myself, so I only put my income and the Visa I got was for a cl of $8500. I just app'ed for the MC and it's in review so we shall see what happens. Anyone else experience the "in review" response and was granted the card? I also live in CA if that has any bearing on anything?? Thanks for all the repliesSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
JaseT
Established Contributor

Do you really NEED the MC? It's better to have a single card with a higher limit than multiple cards with smaller limits. NFCU does have a "total exposure" that you are limited by.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 8 of 10
bbb925
Regular Contributor

I wouldn't say the MC is a need. I am trying to build up my credit scores is all. I have a $300. starter card and then the $8500  NFCU Visa that I was just approved for and that's it. I figured if I had two from NFCU with higher limits that maybe them reporting with a 0 balance that it would raise my score quicker?? Not sure, but that was the only reason. I am a cash only girl, that's why my credit score is lower. I never use credit, but with the economy the way it is, I thought it to be best to have higher scores and  higher credit limits with low utilization on my CR. IDK, is that not a good idea?

Message 9 of 10
bbb925
Regular Contributor

JaseT,

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get your score to raise over 100pts in 9 months? I was looking at your scores on your sig and it seems as if you have the method down? Any advice you have would be great!

ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.