Re: NFCU... Approved... And now asking for verification

nevermind .. called them and it seems there is one 64 miles away

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 11 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

One of the reasons they may be asking for verification now maybe because they temporarily approved your member ship. When I got in the guy helping me asked how I could be a member, and I told him my Dad is retired Marines, and Government. As I was on hold, they cross matched my SSN with the DOD(dept of defense), and matched. My dad had all his kids listed as dependents and I came up a "match", so I never needed anymore verification, and was told That was their highest and strictest form of verification to get in, so I'm set for life. Anyway, you may have been marginal on their first verification ???? To me... I'd drive 400 miles to verify because Navy is like gold bricks in my rebuildingSmiley Happy

Message 12 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
@darkfrosty, I am a private pilot and I can easily fly to the branch, I just don't feel it's worthy of my 100LL aviation fuel and operating costs hahaha.

Ok as a fellow private pilot, I would happily jump through that hoop, especially if you own your plane!  Sometimes you have to pay to play, but looking at your other accounts I can understand the reluctance.  They also told me I would need to appear with my grandfather's death certificate and DD214 to be eligible.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@b335is hello my fellow pilot brother! I need to update my sig, but since NFCU said I have to go there and show proof of everything, I went and applied to golden 1, and sffcu and got approved for both without verification. Better apr and decent limits as well. I'm just going to close the NFCU account and cross my fingers it doesn't show on my report. Don't want it impacting my 800 beacon doh
Message 14 of 23
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

what states does NFCU have branches in .. when i search on their site i see nothing anywhere around me 

They tend to have branches in cities with military installations.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 15 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
@B335is hello my fellow pilot brother! I need to update my sig, but since NFCU said I have to go there and show proof of everything, I went and applied to golden 1, and sffcu and got approved for both without verification. Better apr and decent limits as well. I'm just going to close the NFCU account and cross my fingers it doesn't show on my report. Don't want it impacting my 800 beacon doh

Who does Golden1 pull?  Did you apply for membership first then card?

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull equifax (nothing on report yet) just applied for visa for an instant approval!
Message 17 of 23
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Im disappointed in navy federal, it seems like they hand out 25k to everyone who makes over 75k a year, if you make considerably more than that. ITs still only 25k. I was hoping they would be my first 50k unsecured line, this was 6 months ago though so who knows, I agree with another poster, Glad to have usaa. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 18 of 23
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

One of the reasons they may be asking for verification now maybe because they temporarily approved your member ship. When I got in the guy helping me asked how I could be a member, and I told him my Dad is retired Marines, and Government. As I was on hold, they cross matched my SSN with the DOD(dept of defense), and matched. My dad had all his kids listed as dependents and I came up a "match", so I never needed anymore verification, and was told That was their highest and strictest form of verification to get in, so I'm set for life. Anyway, you may have been marginal on their first verification ???? To me... I'd drive 400 miles to verify because Navy is like gold bricks in my rebuildingSmiley Happy

When I was approved for membership I believe it was in a similar manner.  My brother is an Active duty Captain in the Army who isn't a member of NFCU and when I offered to send verification info I was told I was already verified and nothing more was needed. They only had my ss number and name. 

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 19 of 23
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@dabrian wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

When I was approved for membership I believe it was in a similar manner.  My brother is an Active duty Captain in the Army who isn't a member of NFCU and when I offered to send verification info I was told I was already verified and nothing more was needed. They only had my ss number and name. 

Same here.  I called to ask them about my eligiblity since my dad is retired Army but not a member of NFCU and all they wanted was my ssn, name, and his name. I offered to send verification info but was told it wasn't necessary. 

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.