Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approved me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Approved me

Joined the other day and was hoping to get approved for a card.  App'ed for the N rewards card.

interest rate is at 17 with a 1000 CL.  better that nothing.

EQ 635   TU  642   EX  624

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Approved me

Congratulations!

Welcome to the NFCU family!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the club.  If you treat the card right, it will grow with you.

IMO, one of the better cards out there. Great customer service too!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overall, I consider NFCU the best card out there (for me anyway). 

- Nice CL's

- Competitive rates (as low as 7.9 fixed)

- Great customer service

- NO FEES (not for BT, not for cash, not for transfer)

- Can BT for anything - not restricted to other CC's

- Fast crediting of payments

- Convenience Checks & BT same rate as purchase

- Real Time rewards (accrue balance as purchases post - can transfer to any account $20 min)

Message 4 of 12
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Did you have to fax in any documents?

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughter got an instant approval for $8000, no verification requests.  So it happens sometimes, not for me though.

I had to wait for review and fax in 2 pay stubs....gave me $25,000.  Took about a week for final approval and CL.  Another 7-8 days to get the card.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get instant approval either took almost 3 weeks.  Part because they couldn't read my original fax & to verify my identity b/c of fraud alert.  Didn't take long to get the card once it was approved.  I got 10k.  Had I been thinking, I would've apped for another of their Visa's or MC's, but I can wait for some of my inq's to fall off.

I love NFCU!

They didn't give DH instant approval either he had to send in paystubs.  They only gave him 1k to start but hopefully it will grow.  If only I could get him to use it.  He's got a charge-off from 2007 for BOA, but at least they gave him something.  He's had the same 1k limit with Discover since 2000.  

I only wish there was a branch close by or they had the online deposit feature like Alliant.

Guess I can't have it all.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't get instant approval either took almost 3 weeks.  Part because they couldn't read my original fax & to verify my identity b/c of fraud alert.  Didn't take long to get the card once it was approved.  I got 10k.  Had I been thinking, I would've apped for another of their Visa's or MC's, but I can wait for some of my inq's to fall off.

I love NFCU!

They didn't give DH instant approval either he had to send in paystubs.  They only gave him 1k to start but hopefully it will grow.  If only I could get him to use it.  He's got a charge-off from 2007 for BOA, but at least they gave him something.  He's had the same 1k limit with Discover since 2000.  

I only wish there was a branch close by or they had the online deposit feature like Alliant.

Guess I can't have it all.

You can do the 2 hop method.

1.  eDeposit to Alliant

2.  ACH to NFCU

Message 8 of 12
mt2va
Established Contributor

Congrats on the NFCU approval.  I started out about the same with them in May.  Mine was before they offered the secured card so I'm kind of glad I didn't have to go that route.

So does anyone know how they are about CLI?  In the past I've always waited on the CC to issue one if they were inclined but from hanging out here it seems to be that most people request themselves. 

Also regarding the comment about they don't have edeposits they will send you postage paid envelopes to mail in deposits.  That's the main thing that has kept them from switching my main banking to them.  I like having a local bank available.  And unfortunately I'm not near any of the ATM's that accept deposits at the ATM either.

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would ask for one at 6 months if you have made regular use and your your overall credit has improved and reported uti is good. 

They may want a year first.

What's the soonest from issue to CLI anyone has gotten?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.