Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approved me

tag
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Approved me

In regards to CLI, I was declined an increase at the 6 month mark (nRewards) but was approved for a Platinum (very low amount, but still approved) so I'm not sure why they didn't honor both requests). I've paid more than the minimum each month and on time. I guess I'll wait to see what happens in December at the one year mark.

I just signed my father up w/NFCU, minimum savings account deposit. I can't remember what his scores are and he's retired. Within the same month of being accepted into NFCU I told him to apply for a CC. They gave him an instant approval $7500. Funny thing is I bring home way more money in then him. So I'm not sure what the deal is with Navy. Low scores, high scores, high income, low income, utilization...yadda yadda, I just know for sure I will only apply for credit with this bank.

I agree I wish they had more branches as I don't want to send deposits through the mail. Excellent customer service.

Message 11 of 12
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Approved me

@virgoprincess823 wrote:

In regards to CLI, I was declined an increase at the 6 month mark (nRewards) but was approved for a Platinum (very low amount, but still approved) so I'm not sure why they didn't honor both requests). I've paid more than the minimum each month and on time. I guess I'll wait to see what happens in December at the one year mark.

I just signed my father up w/NFCU, minimum savings account deposit. I can't remember what his scores are and he's retired. Within the same month of being accepted into NFCU I told him to apply for a CC. They gave him an instant approval $7500. Funny thing is I bring home way more money in then him. So I'm not sure what the deal is with Navy. Low scores, high scores, high income, low income, utilization...yadda yadda, I just know for sure I will only apply for credit with this bank.

I agree I wish they had more branches as I don't want to send deposits through the mail. Excellent customer service.

An easy trick is to use PayPal...set up your account with both your local checking and your NFCU checking accounts. "Add" money to your Paypal account from your local checking, and after it has posted, "withdraw" the money to your NFCU checking. It might take a few days, but it's an option if you don't feel safe sending it through the mail (and would probably actually be faster than mail, and is very similar to txjohn's previous suggestion).

I have used PayPal in the past to balance transfer from a credit card that wouldn't allow me to do it online (they wanted to send me a "check" to use). I used that credit card to send a monetary gift to my DH's PayPal account, and then he withdrew the money into our joint checking. From that joint checking I paid the other credit card off. Took a few days for the money to hit the checking account, but it was very easy, and with no fees! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.