Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU BALANCE TRANSFER PROMOTIONS

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

NFCU BALANCE TRANSFER PROMOTIONS

As posted elsewhere, now have NFCU Cash Rewards & Platinum, as well as LOC.Smiley Happy

Would like to transfer some balances to NFCU from cards w/RJs pending to save $,  and for the convenience of 1 or 2  payments instead of several.

I've seen some posts here referencing low % "for life" (4-5.99% etc)  on balance transfers, so I'm wondering how often NFCU runs these promotions? 

Are they run certain times of the year, or are they offered on an account by account basis based on scores, history etc?

I'd hate to do transfers now at regular rates if there's possibility of lower interest offer coming anytime soon!

Message Edited by rom828 on 09-16-2009 08:26 AM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU BALANCE TRANSFER PROMOTIONS

I saw 4.99 being advertised on a promotion page while logged in like 2-3 months ago.. nothing since..I wanted to BT from navy fed to navy fed..lol to bad you cant do that. I haven't seen that rate lately..
Message 2 of 17
rom828
Established Contributor

Guess I'll keep a lookout! 

How many times have you seen these BT offers since you've been with NFCU??

Since you just saw the offer 2-3 months ago,  I sure hope they run them every 3 months!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only remember this instance.. lol I know thats not really promising but...

the other thing is once logged in you can hit that "my offers" button .. but right now mine is giving some kind of error.. 

Message 4 of 17
rom828
Established Contributor

Hate to be such a dummy, but I don't see a "my offers" button when I sign in.

There's a "member's special offers" tab and a "message" tab, but not a "My offers" tab that I can see.  Is the Member's Special Offers what you're referring to?

When you saw the BT offer, was it shown on the front page (where you sign in) or was there a link or something?

I usually sign in to all of my accounts everyday (paranoid about ID theft/fraud),  so I want to be sure I know where to look if they post an offer!!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to add a picture but having problems.

Its in between estatements and check messages

Message 6 of 17
rom828
Established Contributor

I just checked my account on line and e-statements and messages are side by side, so I assume that means that if/when any type of  offer becomes available, the "my offers" tab will appear.  Sure would love a low% BT offer to appear!!Smiley Very Happy

Thanks so much for all your help!   

Message 7 of 17
Established Contributor

rom828,

Why not just call them and ask if there are any and if you qualify for one?  The CSR will be pleased to speak with you. IMHO

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-16-2009 09:39 AM
Message 8 of 17
rom828
Established Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

rom828,

Why not just call them and ask if there are any and if you qualify for one?  The CSR will be pleased to speak with you. IMHO

I did ask when I got my first card,and the CSR advised they run promotions "from time to time",  but none were ongoing at the time of my call.Smiley Sad

I was just trying to get an idea from some of the NFCU 'oldtimers' as to how often they've seen these offers.  

Message 9 of 17
Established Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

@plasticman wrote:

rom828,

I did ask when I got my first card,and the CSR advised they run promotions "from time to time",  but none were ongoing at the time of my call.Smiley Sad

I was just trying to get an idea from some of the NFCU 'oldtimers' as to how often they've seen these offers.  

One nice NFCU CC feature is that there is no BT fee.

I carry a zero balance on my NFCU CC and was last offered a special BT promo rate 3 months ago. If  my memory serves me correctly I was offered a different one about 6 months before that one. hth

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.