Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU BK friendly?

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

NFCU BK friendly?

My wife is currently in a Ch.13 proceeding with a 3 year plan. They tell you not to obtain any credit cards during this period. However she is a member of NFCU and has not burned them in any way thru the BK. My question is the site keeps saying she is pre selected for a secured credit card. Can anyone tell me if it would be ok for her to obtain this, since the card is secured or would she have to wait for the discharge?

Is NFCU ok with a BK as long as they weren't in it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU BK friendly?

I have read in other threads that NFCU is BK friendly. I would suggest waiting a couple months until after the BK is discharge. At that time she should be able to apply for an unsecured cc. If get CS is in the high 500's she willowy likely be approve. If you treat them right they will treat you right! Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
MrCredit
Established Contributor

@destine2grow wrote:
I have read in other threads that NFCU is BK friendly. I would suggest waiting a couple months until after the BK is discharge. At that time she should be able to apply for an unsecured cc. If get CS is in the high 500's she willowy likely be approve. If you treat them right they will treat you right! Good luck!

I put her as an AU on my account. Maybe that will improve her odds of an approval after the discharge.

Message 3 of 4
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

I put her as an AU on my account. Maybe that will improve her odds of an approval after the discharge.

It may help. However I have heard/read that the new model may not take AU's account into consideration. With that being said maybe her banking relationship will help seal the deal!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.