Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Balance transfer question

tag
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Balance transfer question

Reading the T&C on the website I noticed that it said that the balance transfer must be done with the app.....I did my app a few days ago, and just did my transfer now when I recieved the card.  Does this mean that I am screwed, I did call in before I submitted it and asked the rep if it was going to be 0% when I processed it and she said yes, she even pulled up the page on the website about the 80 year offers.  So what do you guys think?

1 Offer expires September 30, 2013. Purchase rates are based on creditworthiness. A $49 annual fee applies to the Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Card. ATM cash advance fees: None if performed at a Navy Federal branch or ATM. Otherwise, $0.50 per domestic transaction or $1.00 per overseas transaction. Foreign transaction fees: 0.80% of the transaction amount if in U.S. dollars, 1% of the transaction amount if must convert to U.S. dollars. Foreign transaction fees do not apply to Visa Signature Flagship Rewards or GOREWARDS®. Balance transfers must be requested at the time of application. Navy Federal reserves the right to refuse duplicate account transfers. Offer valid for balances transferred from other card-issuer accounts. Maximum total transfer amount is limited to your approved credit line and cannot exceed $30,000. Balance transfers using convenience checks are excluded from this offer. No rewards points on balance transfers. Excludes Navy Federal Business credit cards. Credit card purchases will accrue interest unless the balance is paid in full by the next due date. To avoid paying interest on purchases, you must pay your entire balance by the next due date, including transferred balances under this promotion.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
meagherrob
Established Member

Re: NFCU Balance transfer question

I was concerned about this as well at the beginning of the month, but I called and they said it was for both current and new card accounts.  If it makes you feel at ease, give them a call Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy switches ALL accounts (old and new) to the 0% promo while they run it... they are just awesome like that!

I completed all ours online an it doesn't even really mention the 0% but I had called and they told me it was automatic and not to worry!

Message 3 of 5
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

You can do it. Call a rep and say you made a mistake. They will make an exception

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You don't have to call or worry, all accounts new and old doing bt's during Sept will just automatically see 0% upon statement.

You will be hard pressed to find a confirmation that you are doing a bt and it's going to be at the 0% rate but Navy just does ALL accounts in the computer system so I have never seen issues of an account being missed or a bt not counting, etc.

I have processed about 8 between my partners 2 cards this month... did last one yesterday and we officially have ALL debt on 2 Navy Cards now!!! I love just the 2 payments but hard to convince yourself your not in as much debt as you are when it's all on 2 statements! lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.