Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC APR Decrease

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

NFCU CC APR Decrease

I was trolling around the FAQs on NFCU's site and noticed they once per year (12 months from either your last rate decrease or every 12 months since you've opened the account) you're able to request an APR decrease on your CCs.  Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you didn't know about it.  Smiley Happy  I just sent them a request via secure message myself and got a small % decrease.  Every little bit helps.  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CC APR Decrease

I actually heard of this before, but just never really followed through with it. But I went ahead and sent a message after seeing your thread. Thanks!

Message 2 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@vonmannstein wrote:

I was trolling around the FAQs on NFCU's site and noticed they once per year (12 months from either your last rate decrease or every 12 months since you've opened the account) you're able to request an APR decrease on your CCs.  Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you didn't know about it.  Smiley Happy  I just sent them a request via secure message myself and got a small % decrease.  Every little bit helps.  Smiley Happy

Very nice !!  What was your old rate and how much did they lower it ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 11
TATATA
Regular Contributor

Good to know. Thank you for the info. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 4 of 11
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@vonmannstein wrote:

Very nice !!  What was your old rate and how much did they lower it ?

My APR was pretty high to begin with....(16.65%) and they lowered it  .5 to 16.15%.  I'm hoping I'll be in the 700s territory when the next request goes through and it'll maybe be a chunk lower.  

Message 5 of 11
Brusilov
Established Contributor

EDIT:  This is for the CashRewards card btw.  I'm not actually sure what my current FICO is (the scores below are pretty out of date) but I'd guess in the 660-675 range.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thanks for the info!  Sent them a secure message at 0900, they responded at 0907 :-)

Navy Federal Response 04/18/2012 : Upon review, we determined that you are currently eligible for a 11.99% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on your Platinum Visa account. We have applied this rate to your credit card account, effective immediately. Please be aware that the new APR is not immediately seen via Navy Federal Online Account Access, even though the new rate applies. Your next credit card statement will close on 26 April, so the new APR should appear online after that date. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Your Message 04/18/2012 : good morning, 
I was recently informed by a couple other NFCU members that credit card holders are/may be eligible for an APR reduction each year. I have yet to request this even though I have had the card for a couple of years, and would like to request it at this time.
Message 7 of 11
TATATA
Regular Contributor

If you don't mind me asking, what is your FICO score and also what was your previous APR? 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 8 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@vonmannstein wrote:

Thats great to know!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Previous APR was 12.9%.

FICO score didn't play a factor, it was not a hard or soft pull, just an NFCU account review.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.