Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC Instant approval

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

NFCU CC Instant approval

What was your score when you were approved and what CL did you get?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CC Instant approval

They pulled 675 EQ FICO.  14k.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

Its been about 2 years now, so I cant really remember my score. My guesstimate was around a 640. Instant approval for the nRewards at 5K. Im not sure about now, but instant approvals with NFCU is not the norm. They normally decide on your app CL (if approved) in a few hours or in just a couple of days. When I applied, others were reporting back that they did not get an instant approval, but when they did get approved later on, it blew my 5K instant approval away!

Message 3 of 30
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Datx wrote:

Im not sure about now, but instant approvals with NFCU is not the norm. They normally decide on your app CL (if approved) in a few hours or in just a couple of days. 

I called them and requested an nRewards card over the phone.  They approved me with a high limit before the phone call ended.  So that was definately an instant approval.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@Datx wrote:

Im not sure about now, but instant approvals with NFCU is not the norm. They normally decide on your app CL (if approved) in a few hours or in just a couple of days. 

I called them and requested an nRewards card over the phone.  They approved me with a high limit before the phone call ended.  So that was definately an instant approval.

Awesome for you. Maybe that has changed, im not sure. Or maybe instant approvals are more likely when you call in, again, not sure.

Message 5 of 30
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

I got my nrewards the same day (not sure if it was instant) @ 2k limit with a 585 eq.  I upgraded this year to 8k limit with a 685 score.  Also oppend a visa signature (5k) and was approved the next day.  I don't see it being more then 1-2 day wait on the card.

Message 6 of 30
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Good info, I had heard they were approving in the mid 500s so I was trying to get some actual examples. I have the secured version and expect my score to be in the upper 500s when that posts as I just got a recent score increase when an old cc posted to $0 balance.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 30
Karunch
Contributor

I got instantly approved over the phone last June for a $14k CL on a CashRewards Visa.  Since it was the same day as when I opened my checking/savings account, they pulled both EQ and TU so I'm not sure which one was for the CC and which one was for the account opening.  Both scores at the time were between 675 - 680.

Message 8 of 30
2NE1
Established Contributor

To those of you that applied over the phone, did they requested you to fax them paystubs or w2s? or they just asked for your income without proof and based the CL on your score? TIA.
Message 9 of 30
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:
To those of you that applied over the phone, did they requested you to fax them paystubs or w2s? or they just asked for your income without proof and based the CL on your score? TIA.

They did it all over the phone.  They asked me for my pay rate, my BAH and BAS rates (all of which can easily be looked up on the internet and I am sure NFCU knows already), and how much rent I pay for my apartment.  I think that was it.  I don't remember if they asked about my car, but I bought my car outright without financing.  I didn't fax them anything.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.