Did you mean: 

NFCU CC Instant approval

tag
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU CC Instant approval

@DaveSignal wrote:

@2NE1 wrote:
To those of you that applied over the phone, did they requested you to fax them paystubs or w2s? or they just asked for your income without proof and based the CL on your score? TIA.

They did it all over the phone.  They asked me for my pay rate, my BAH and BAS rates (all of which can easily be looked up on the internet and I am sure NFCU knows already), and how much rent I pay for my apartment.  I think that was it.  I don't remember if they asked about my car, but I bought my car outright without financing.  I didn't fax them anything.

Interesting, I had to Google what "BAH and BAS rates" meant... my income wouldn't fall under that code? Hmmm... my aunt is my household sponsor, I'd like to apply for their nRewards CC. What if you're full time student with no income? Would they automatically deny credit?
Message 11 of 30
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I am military and that is military jargon, but BAH and BAS are parts of my pay that are based on rank and location and are the same for anyone with the same rank and location.  Being military makes it very easy to get credit because it is nearly guaranteed that the lender will get their money and very unlikely that I will lose my job.

As far as not having any income, I can't imagine that any lender would extend an unsecured line of credit to someone who has no obvious means of paying their debts.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 12 of 30
2NE1
Established Contributor

Of course no income equals no credit, what I meant was like a part-time job (work study) type of income, would they base the CL on the score only?

Message 13 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@2NE1 wrote:

Of course no income equals no credit, what I meant was like a part-time job (work study) type of income, would they base the CL on the score only?

All lenders base their decision on their own scoring model which considers income, past credit history, and length of credit history, among other things.  It is unlikely that any lender will consider extending credit based on score alone.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 30
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

If you currently have a job, I would recommend trying to get a secured card then work from there.

Message 15 of 30
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Can we get some more score examples please?
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 30
Short-lady
Established Member

My fico score was 617 and I was approved for a 7k credit limit

Message 17 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

Not an instant approval, but my brother recently was approved for a 6K cashRewards card with an EQ of 583. He also has a secured card with NFCU for about 14 months now and it never unsecured, so that might have helped him get approved on the cashRewards.

Message 18 of 30
CS800
Super Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

Sorry, I am military and that is military jargon, but BAH and BAS are parts of my pay that are based on rank and location and are the same for anyone with the same rank and location.  Being military makes it very easy to get credit because it is nearly guaranteed that the lender will get their money and very unlikely that I will lose my job.

As far as not having any income, I can't imagine that any lender would extend an unsecured line of credit to someone who has no obvious means of paying their debts.

BAS - Basic Allowance for Substance (food)

BAH - Basic Allowance for Housing (rent money)

Message 19 of 30
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

So it looks like mid-500s is a rarity and it's more the higher 500s
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.