Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CC account

How many credit card accounts can a holder have ? Is 2 the limit?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CC account

If you are a current NFCU cardholder I would call and ask. Their CSR's seem to be well informed for the most part. I believe I have seen at least one forum member with more than 2 but I do not know if they were the primary cardholder on all the accounts or an AU on one or more.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 9
toytoy
Regular Contributor

I can answer this. I just applied for platinum and was denied. The reason for denial was bc I had reached the max that NFCU would allow for me. She said would I go do was keep my cashrewards card with the 14000 cl or I could spilt it up into multiple cards. So yes you can have more than one card just as long as you haven't reached maxium with NFCU. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Message 3 of 9
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

@toytoy wrote:

I can answer this. I just applied for platinum and was denied. The reason for denial was bc I had reached the max that NFCU would allow for me. She said would I go do was keep my cashrewards card with the 14000 cl or I could spilt it up into multiple cards. So yes you can have more than one card just as long as you haven't reached maxium with NFCU. 

Take this with a grain of salt.  NFCU's maximum is not $14,000 (though that may be their maximum exposure for toytoy, specifically).  So it's not a hard and fast response to your question about more than 2 accounts.  Hopefully someone with 2 or more accounts who has been denied specifically for exceeding the number of allowable accounts will pipe in...

Message 4 of 9
toytoy
Regular Contributor

@jausanka wrote:

@toytoy wrote:

Take this with a grain of salt.  NFCU's maximum is not $14,000 (though that may be their maximum exposure for toytoy, specifically).  So it's not a hard and fast response to your question about more than 2 accounts.  Hopefully someone with 2 or more accounts who has been denied specifically for exceeding the number of allowable accounts will pipe in...

I never implied that their maxium was 14,000. If you read it again I said that is the max they would allow for me was $14,000. If you continue reading I addressed the op's questions that you can have multiple cards. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Message 5 of 9
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Sorry toytoy, I thought this was the OPs question:

@Anonymous wrote:

How many credit card accounts can a holder have ? Is 2 the limit?

I may have misunderstood and was trying to answer the question about having more than 2 cards, which we have yet to figure out.  As far as I can tell, at least.  If your $14K story answered it, I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have seen other members have 2 credit cards with $25K each, a Loc Line with $15-20k and an Auto for 50k... So not sure if 2 credit cards is max but certainly depends on income to support all that I would guess.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a cc with them for 23k and a line of credit for 10k. I got these two accounts before I got Hugh CLI on my other CC's.

Over the 3 years twice I have taken the card to the max and they increased ithe CL by a couple thousand dollar without a hard inquire.

Hope this helps.
Message 8 of 9
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

ConcordUser on another thread reported: "I have 25, 25, 30 K cards from NFCU and they all report."

So I guess if this is true, you can have more than 2 credit cards and it seems you can have a pretty significant total credit line from NFCU.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.