New Contributor
stud007

NFCU CC account

How many credit card accounts can a holder have ? Is 2 the limit?

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
HoldingOntoHope

Re: NFCU CC account

If you are a current NFCU cardholder I would call and ask. Their CSR's seem to be well informed for the most part. I believe I have seen at least one forum member with more than 2 but I do not know if they were the primary cardholder on all the accounts or an AU on one or more.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Regular Contributor
toytoy

I can answer this. I just applied for platinum and was denied. The reason for denial was bc I had reached the max that NFCU would allow for me. She said would I go do was keep my cashrewards card with the 14000 cl or I could spilt it up into multiple cards. So yes you can have more than one card just as long as you haven't reached maxium with NFCU. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Frequent Contributor
jausanka

toytoy wrote:

I can answer this. I just applied for platinum and was denied. The reason for denial was bc I had reached the max that NFCU would allow for me. She said would I go do was keep my cashrewards card with the 14000 cl or I could spilt it up into multiple cards. So yes you can have more than one card just as long as you haven't reached maxium with NFCU. 

Take this with a grain of salt.  NFCU's maximum is not $14,000 (though that may be their maximum exposure for toytoy, specifically).  So it's not a hard and fast response to your question about more than 2 accounts.  Hopefully someone with 2 or more accounts who has been denied specifically for exceeding the number of allowable accounts will pipe in...

Regular Contributor
toytoy

jausanka wrote:

toytoy wrote:

Take this with a grain of salt.  NFCU's maximum is not $14,000 (though that may be their maximum exposure for toytoy, specifically).  So it's not a hard and fast response to your question about more than 2 accounts.  Hopefully someone with 2 or more accounts who has been denied specifically for exceeding the number of allowable accounts will pipe in...

I never implied that their maxium was 14,000. If you read it again I said that is the max they would allow for me was $14,000. If you continue reading I addressed the op's questions that you can have multiple cards. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Frequent Contributor
jausanka

Sorry toytoy, I thought this was the OPs question:

stud007 wrote:

How many credit card accounts can a holder have ? Is 2 the limit?

I may have misunderstood and was trying to answer the question about having more than 2 cards, which we have yet to figure out.  As far as I can tell, at least.  If your $14K story answered it, I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

I have seen other members have 2 credit cards with $25K each, a Loc Line with $15-20k and an Auto for 50k... So not sure if 2 credit cards is max but certainly depends on income to support all that I would guess.

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 653 Barclay, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
chuck_texas

I have a cc with them for 23k and a line of credit for 10k. I got these two accounts before I got Hugh CLI on my other CC's.

Over the 3 years twice I have taken the card to the max and they increased ithe CL by a couple thousand dollar without a hard inquire.

Hope this helps.
Frequent Contributor
jausanka

ConcordUser on another thread reported: "I have 25, 25, 30 K cards from NFCU and they all report."

So I guess if this is true, you can have more than 2 credit cards and it seems you can have a pretty significant total credit line from NFCU.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+