Did you mean: 

NFCU CC in review?

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU CC in review?

@miltolam wrote:

@cassie3783 wrote:
I'm assuming since my income is rather low, they're probably just wanting to ease into it & see how I do with that limit to begin with. Maybe with time it will increase. It's my highest limit so I'll take it for now ;-)

@Anonymous, I read in another post that NFCU base the CL on 40% of ur income. 

If it didn't come strait out of nfcu csr mouth I would take it with a grain of salt. My income on my app was 121k I doubt they would give me a 48k CL to start.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 31 of 35
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats Cassie3783 on your approval!  Sorry so late!  Not a bad limit at all!  I hate that I won the contest.... I was keeping my fingers crossed to 15K or higher.  Still, a year ago, I would have killed for a limit like that!  Smiley Happy  Great Job!!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 32 of 35
cassie3783
Regular Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

Congrats Cassie3783 on your approval!  Sorry so late!  Not a bad limit at all!  I hate that I won the contest.... I was keeping my fingers crossed to 15K or higher.  Still, a year ago, I would have killed for a limit like that!  Smiley Happy  Great Job!!

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Not a problem at all!  I'm just happy it's not another $500 crap-limit like I'm used to!  Smiley Wink

Like I stated earlier, hopefully, if all my other CC companies see that these others are giving me high limits w/ success they'll be more apt to be generous with their increases when it comes time to request one.

Thanks again, everyone, for your input & playing the game! 

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy Enjoy your new card!

Message 34 of 35
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@cassie3783 wrote:
Approved for 7,500$. Should I call & tell them I want higher or just leave it be? It is my highest CL but only by 1.5k

I was also recently approved for $7,500 Cash Rewards. I did not ask for a higher credit limit, but I DID ask for more credit! I immediately asked for an Overdraft Line of Credit. I applied for $7,500 assuming that the LOC department would approve about the same as the CC dept. Then I decided to see if they would give me a second credit card. Approved for $2,500. Each time I got a hard pull on TU and EQ (total 6 hard pulls).

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.