Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CL

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

NFCU CL

My recent goRewards CLI was done online and was instantaneous. Since I received an invite to apply for their credit line as well via regular mail, I chose to fill out the application and send it back to them via regular mail last week. myFico notified me they ran an inquiry on EQ yesterday, Anyone know how long they take to make a decision on these credit lines and how then how they will notify you of their decision one way or the other?

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU CL

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

My recent goRewards CLI was done online and was instantaneous. Since I received an invite to apply for their credit line as well via regular mail, I chose to fill out the application and send it back to them via regular mail last week. myFico notified me they ran an inquiry on EQ yesterday, Anyone know how long they take to make a decision on these credit lines and how then how they will notify you of their decision one way or the other?

I wouldn't be surprised if you saw it online in your accunts if they approve it.

Otherwise if you don't call you will have to wait for letter if it's denied.

if denied, you could ask to move cl from your other card to open the 2nd if you want.

Message 2 of 9
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Hmmmm. Thanks CreditAddict. Today is the 3rd day so I guess my chances aren't looking very good. My EQ FICO was 716 at the time so that's probably not the issue. If there is an issue it's probably the BK from 2007 or the tax liens from 2008. I am guessing the credit line guidelines are more strick with prior tax liens then say their credit cards.

Message 3 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

Hmmmm. Thanks CreditAddict. Today is the 3rd day so I guess my chances aren't looking very good. My EQ FICO was 716 at the time so that's probably not the issue. If there is an issue it's probably the BK from 2007 or the tax liens from 2008. I am guessing the credit line guidelines are more strick with prior tax liens then say their credit cards.

I think I am proof that your BK does not matter Smiley Happy Good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if you saw it online in your accunts if they approve it.

if denied, you could ask to move cl from your other card to open the 2nd if you want.

Creditaddict - is OP referring to NavChek? Thinking you read over this quickly as you don't make mistakes when it comes to NFCU Smiley Very Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 9
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

I think I am proof that your BK does not matter Smiley Happy Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement Scupra. I kind of knew the BK was probably not an issue with NFCU, especially given it has now been 7 years since my discharge. However, the outstanding tax liens from 2008... that I will NEVER be able to pay... just may be an issue.

Anybody know how they notify you if you actually do get approved? I am sure if they deny you they probably let you know via regular mail. However, if they approve you how do you know? Would it be attached to your bank account? Or is it a separate account? I have a checking accounnt, saving account and my goRewards card.

Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Oops sorry, yes I did!!
Message 7 of 9
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Creditaddict - is OP referring to NavChek? Thinking you read over this quickly as you don't make mistakes when it comes to NFCU Smiley Very Happy

Is their checking account even referred to NavChek anymore?

Message 8 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Is their checking account even referred to NavChek anymore?

ODLOC is not referred to as NavChek anymore no.. I'm living in the old days though haha!

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.