Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI 3 to 5 day message?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

NFCU CLI 3 to 5 day message?

How long does it usually take to get an answer on a CLI request w/Navy? I got the 3-5 day message. Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
rbizzle
Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI ?

Mine have always been instant.  Except when i asked to go from 15k to 17.5k.  I got the 3-5 on that and was ultimatly denied the request.  But in my defense i had just gotten approved for another credit card from them and an increase in my NavCheck LOC.  Don't worry all is good.  Call member service and see if they can review the request over the phone.

Message 2 of 56
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI 3 to 5 day message?

I just logged in to check and now there's a red message telling me that my CC info is not available at this time. Has anyone ever gotten this message? (Can't see my balance, avail credit, transactions, pending authorizations, etc.)

I'm worried that I asked for too much. Smiley Sad I went high, because #1, I'd like my monthly expenses to be roughly 10% of the CL, so that it can report w/o sinking my FICO and also #2, most people have posted high CL from Navy --  unlike my piddly $2k. Smiley Sad Smiley Embarassed

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 56
rbizzle
Contributor

I know your probably don't want to, but have you thought about applying for a second CC from them?

Message 4 of 56
Datx
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I just logged in to check and now there's a red message telling me that my CC info is not available at this time. Has anyone ever gotten this message? (Can't see my balance, avail credit, transactions, pending authorizations, etc.)

I'm worried that I asked for too much. Smiley Sad I went high, because #1, I'd like my monthly expenses to be roughly 10% of the CL, so that it can report w/o sinking my FICO and also #2, most people have posted high CL from Navy --  unlike my piddly $2k. Smiley Sad Smiley Embarassed

Ugh, that to me sounds like bad news.  Im hoping im wrong on this, but its very possible they flagged your account.  Have you dealt with their security dept before?

Message 5 of 56
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Red message is gone, but no info on CLI. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 56
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@rbizzle wrote:

I know your probably don't want to, but have you thought about applying for a second CC from them?

I have thought about it, but I thought it would be better to get a CLI first. If they deny the CLI, I doubt they'd approve another CC!

Message 7 of 56
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm really freaking out. Has anyone gotten a CLI after the 3 to 5 day message? Or is it a sign of automatic decline? I know some people have gotten counter-offers. Is that usually immediate or after the 3 to 5 day message? So far, nothing online and no email. Smiley Sad

eta: How do you usually find out your CLI? Do they send an email? Or do you just keep logging in? I really expected an automatic response, even if it was a counter-offer. This waiting is driving me crazy! Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 56
rbizzle
Contributor

how much of an increase did you ask for?

Message 9 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I've gotten the 3-5 day message they've declined me. When they approved me it was immediate. The only time I got counter-offers was with the instant approvals, all of the 3-5 day messages resulted in a complete denial (no counter-offer or anything).

But that's just my experience with NFCU, it could be that they just need to review something. Every time I've expected (or hoped) for an instant approval - for example with small CLI requests - I got the 3-5 day message and got denied. But then the big CLIs can as instant approvals, and they even approved my auto loan immediately the other day. Go figure..

Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.