Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI 3 to 5 day message?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI 3 to 5 day message?

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

Just hang in there Bichonmom. With NFCU the 3-5 day is not always a NO. It can take anywhere from a few hours to a couple days to get the response. I have seen the message and got what I wanted before. I did NAVCHEK last year from $5K to $15K and it took almost two days to happen.

BTW I don't remember what your situation is but I know other members experience seems to indicate that having Direct deposit of payroll seems to influence how high NFCU is willing to start your CL's. In any event they are well known for generous auto CLI's at 12 and 18 month account ages.

Thanks. This waiting is just too much for me. I seriously did not expect this. Whatever their answer is, I don't think I'm going to put myself through this again. The only reason I did it, is because when I called yesterday, I confirmed that they do NOT give auto-CLIs until at least 1 year, and I am tired of managing my $2k limit. But after this, it's only SP/auto CLIs for me.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 41 of 56
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Any news?
Message 42 of 56
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

They didn't approve me. Smiley Mad

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 43 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

To quote ole' Jack Nicholson off "the departed" - "Give em' a wiff" (of that stinky sock) Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 44 of 56
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm going to change my primary card usage to Chase once it arrives. I ended up w/a HP from both Chase and NFCU on my EQ, which has dropped my score. Whatever NFCU does for CLIs will be automatic from here on out. They won't be getting any luv from me.

Message 45 of 56
Datx
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear they declined you. Have you gotten the reasons on why? I dont blame you for changing your primary usage to Chase. but I wouldnt take it personal. I was declined before in the past for a CLI and just worked on the stuff they listed for the denial. Then after a year, they showed plenty of love.

Message 46 of 56
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

are you self employed? how much of a limit did you ask for? sorry to hear about your denial

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 47 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Datx wrote:

Sorry to hear they declined you. Have you gotten the reasons on why? I dont blame you for changing your primary usage to Chase. but I wouldnt take it personal. I was declined before in the past for a CLI and just worked on the stuff they listed for the denial. Then after a year, they showed plenty of love.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 48 of 56
Smug
Established Contributor

Hang in there....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 49 of 56
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Datx wrote:

+1 Chase has been good to me but don't feel confident endorsing them as primary, if they work for OP, that's great.

Hope OP can hang in there with NFCU, something will give eventually.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.