Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI 3 to 5 day message?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI 3 to 5 day message?

@score_building wrote:

@Datx wrote:

Sorry to hear they declined you. Have you gotten the reasons on why? I dont blame you for changing your primary usage to Chase. but I wouldnt take it personal. I was declined before in the past for a CLI and just worked on the stuff they listed for the denial. Then after a year, they showed plenty of love.

+1 Chase has been good to me but don't feel confident endorsing them as primary, if they work for OP, that's great.

Hope OP can hang in there with NFCU, something will give eventually.

Curious... why don't you feel confident endorsing them as a primary card? I'm not a fan of Chase; I just jumped on an offer at the spur of the moment, and also had been reading posts about all of their rewards, so it seemed like it would be a good card to have if I could get it.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 51 of 56
score_building
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@Datx wrote:

Sorry to hear they declined you. Have you gotten the reasons on why? I dont blame you for changing your primary usage to Chase. but I wouldnt take it personal. I was declined before in the past for a CLI and just worked on the stuff they listed for the denial. Then after a year, they showed plenty of love.

+1 Chase has been good to me but don't feel confident endorsing them as primary, if they work for OP, that's great.

Hope OP can hang in there with NFCU, something will give eventually.

Curious... why don't you feel confident endorsing them as a primary card? I'm not a fan of Chase; I just jumped on an offer at the spur of the moment, and also had been reading posts about all of their rewards, so it seemed like it would be a good card to have if I could get it. 

Think I misunderstood by 'primary' PP meant cc not to necessarily switch to chase as primary banking for deposit accounts, N/M. Like you am just not a big fan of Chase in general but should be good to go with their cc. Congrats!

I actually have 3 cards from them, one is a closed Chamu, CLs total about 15k across cards, though they are 'fun snatchers' for CLI requests (HP, and apparently somewhat stricter than avg criteria for) nonetheless, yes-they have some of the better rewards cc FWIU...choosing a strong CU or USAA for eg. may give more bang for the buck for deposit account banking as an effective relationship builder for better credit product app outcomes IME.

Even NFCU will eventually reward a card holder for maintaining DD or even using them as a secondary bank/ cc, though understandable may be recoiling from the let down of the CLI request for a bit. When the chips are down, Chase could care less, unless a customer's deposit accounts are followed by many zeros 1,000,000...guess it boils down to working as a 'member' of a CU or USAA vs being pitched to as a customer at a bank is more palatable to me overall.

Despite this, major banks, including Chase can often serve as a relevant option in any well diversied card roster. Enjoy, just be mindful of their quirks and possible limitations as you would with any other bank/CU.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 52 of 56
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Okay. That makes sense. No, I'm definitely not changing my banking to Chase! I don't bank w/NFCU, either, tho. I'm happy w/my current bank. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 53 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that but keep your head up.  I know you will!

Message 54 of 56
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Did OP ever mention how much of a CLI was requested (original CL was $2000).  What reasons for denial did NFCU give?

Message 55 of 56
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.