Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU--CLI AND UTILIZATION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU--CLI AND UTILIZATION

What can you NFCU gurus' tell me about CLI and utilization on cards---The only one CLI I asked for, was granted with my bal at 0---How are they with having a balance when the rest of the criteria is met..91 days-3 statements.....I may have a 20% util on my card at CLI time===8900 SL---2200 BAL...It was 4200, fixen to pay 2k...My 1st card is several months away from the 6 mos--this is my second card from them which will be at 91 days-3 statements...11-19. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gramz
Contributor

Re: NFCU--CLI AND UTILIZATION

Hey Meatman

I had requested a CLI with NFCU just this month, my utilization on the card was 72%.  Yeah my overal UTI on my credit report might have been over 50% if i recal, but not sure.  Yes that grandted me a $7K increase, my UTI is way low and all my cards is bay off and most of my debt.  So if I request another CLI with my clean credit who knows how much it will rise.

I have been with NFCU for over 5yrs now so that might have help. 

To me you hve nothing to worry about getting a CLI increase on your card.  Hope this help

Gardening ‎10-13-2017

FICO 8[10-25-2017] EX: 706, EQ: 714, TU: 719
FICO 8[1-04-2018] EX: 714, EQ: 737, TU: 721
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gramz...
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You should have no problems as you are making some good use and history with payments but as usual ymmvSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been wondering the same thing. My CashRewards util is 16% and I'm coming up on my 91 days.

Message 5 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Unless your card is maxed within like $100 of the CL, I don't think they really care, LOL. I rarely see denials for CLI regardless of card utilization, when the card is actually eligible for an increase.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad you asked this. I got my platinum card in August and did balance transfers to more then $16,000 ($18,000limit). I now owe $1997 and will not be able to pay that off until the end of November. As a result, I thought I would have to wait to get a CLI until the January AR. So I guess I will give it a go next week Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.