Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI Attempt...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLI Attempt...

Hey all,

Pulled my Equifax today, not only did a Collection disappear way early (certainly not complaining) and saw an AR by NFCU!  I figured it was worth a shot since I've been pretty successful with my Flagship card.  I initially applied for a goRewards card in November, it was declined, reconned to an approval but only at $500.  Tried for a CLI in Jan after I got a CLI on my Navcheck up to 15,000.  The CLI was declined but reconned to $2000.  Two ARs ago I got a counter CLI approval to 10,000 and I converted the goRewards to a Flagship.  Last AR I got a counter CLI approval for 14,000.  

Like I said I've had pretty good luck with this card... until today.  I log into NFCU, type in all my info in the CLI page and hit submit.  I got the condition error a couple times, repeated until I got a 3-5 day message.  CRAP!  My wife and I will be applying for a mortgage soon so I cannot afford a HP.  I quickly sent NFCU a message asking to withdraw the request, and just in case ponied up for a freeze on all my reports.  Luckily I was able to freeze Experian and Transunion for free (Hooray Colorado), but for some reason Equifax hasn't updated my address to Colorado from Louisiana despite me updating the addresses on every card and account I have.   Just to be safe, I still chipped in the $10 to freeze my Equifax since that seems to be where NFCU likes to pull from.

Hopefully they get the message before attempting to do a HP, but I figured the Freezes couldn't hurt as I have way too many inquiries to explain anyway, I didn't need to explain one in July, if we apply either this month, in Aug or Sept.

A little bummed, but keeping my head up.  At least I got a 3x AMEX CLI and a CLI to $5000 on my Amazon recently (hooray chat).  Well, I'll stop ranting and give it a shot next AR.  My exposure with NFCU is pretty high which could have been why it required a HP, plus my employment situation is very goofy.  I'm going to school full time through the VA's Voc Rehab program and also am 100% P&T so I only get my VA benefits (Voc Rehab and Disability) as income.  

Thanks for reading and good luck with everyone else if they try for a SP CLI from NFCU!

Oz

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLI Attempt...

Still, congrats on your successful past. Just approved for a flagship, can't wait to get a cli
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  Yeah, I can't complain about NFCU at all.  Who else would give someone with barely decent scores (662, 662, and 681) $54,000 in exposure?  No one I can think of lol...

Did you sign up for the bonus?  I did with the goRewards in Nov, I think it was $200 bonus for spending $2000 or $3000 in 90 days.  My only complaint with NFCU is how long the bonuses take to post to your account.  I think their official line is 6-8 weeks after the spending period.  For me it worked out as the bonus posted right around the time I got the CLI to $10,000, so I cashed out the bonus before PCing.

Oz

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure, do I have to tell them I wanna sign up?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You shouldn't have to tell them, I would send them a message making sure the bonus is active on your account though...  I can help with the wording if you'd like...

Oz

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.