Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI Question

tag
gemini282
Valued Member

NFCU CLI Question

Has anyone ever requested a CLI after just one month? I want to hit the button because I have some big purchases ahead but I don't want to waste the inq. Feedback please...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI Question

I requested one on my flagship visa just a couple of days after initial account opening.  Asked for $20K and they countered at $15K, which I took.  It was a hard pull though.Smiley Frustrated  I am going to let it age some before requesting another CLI and then call them first to see if they can do it through a soft pull.

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 2 of 6
ambivalent
Established Contributor

I did...it was declined.  Recon was also declined.  I waited for the 3rd statement to cut and received a SP CLI.

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 3 of 6
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

@gemini282 wrote:
Has anyone ever requested a CLI after just one month? I want to hit the button because I have some big purchases ahead but I don't want to waste the inq. Feedback please...

I requested 2 (both granted) within 48 hrs of initial card approval.  They were HP heavy though.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 6
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

When I opened my NFCU Card they gave me $8,000.00 credit limit. A little disappointed.

After a week crying in my beer, I called them and wanted to take advantage of their balance transfer

offer and would they give me an increase in my credit limit. I requested $20,000.00 and they gave me

$15,000.00.  Naturally I took it without any hesitation. They did inform me that they will "NOT" do another

hard pull since my account was just a week old.

Now, to top that off, They send me a letter last week Congratulating me on my new credit limit of $18,000.00

which came as a complete surprise. Did not request this increase, but, I am well pleased.

Message 5 of 6
gemini282
Valued Member

Thanks for your responses. I bit the bullet and hit the button so we'll see. Either way ill be sitting on my hands for the next 3 months...at least.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.